Tires stained brown/red

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
x2 for the degreaser and comet for white letter tires,
my jeeps mud tires always look like new
My 33's get all rock rashed up and Ive always had good luck with an abrasive soap and a stiff bristle brush. One like you'd use for scrubing the tile floor. I think comet+degreaser might have the same effect.

My grandfather used to have a tub of this really nasty smelling soap. It kinda smelled like fuel haha. But it had grit in it, and I always used that and it would take ANYTHING off of a tire. Now I just alittle "Fast Orange" hand soap. Doesnt work quite as well...but will get the job done.

And after I wash them this way...I just use a basic armor foaming tire shine. i dont like my tires wet looking...I just like them clean and black. So that's always worked for me.

J.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just use a SOS pad on the tires. Then go back with a light coat of Black Majic tire gel and your done. No need for all the chemicals and hype.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kerryt1
Westley's Bleche Wite. It is purpose-made for this.

http://www.westleys.com/
the best.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a bit of the same problem and used some of Eagle One's all tire/wheel cleaner. Typically I don't like to use that stuff but I got it for free so I figured I would try it and it worked really well.

As far as tire shine goes, I tried a ton of stuff and found armor all to be by far the worst choice. I ended up using Meguiars Endurance High Gloss and never looked back. It's a gel and it lasts a really long time and just has a really good look to it. I usually let it dry for at least 15 minutes to avoid slinging but have never had a problem. I've put 2-3 coats on before car shows before and had a tiny bit of sling on the way home but that's it.

Sorry, just kinda realized I wrote you a book there

Quick Reply: Tires stained brown/red