Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What should I do? removed side molding

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do? removed side molding

I removed my side moldings and it looks like a couple of fenders have been painted. One side looks fine, you can't tell the molding was on the car. The other side looks as if someone painted the car, put the moldings on, and sprayed the clear. I took off the molding because the clear was coming off the moldings. Now I am unsure if I should have the moldings painted and put back on or try and wet sand and buff out the one side. Will this buff out? At first I thought it was glue but it's not. I love the looks of the car without the moldings but I don't want the clear to start pealing off the fenders. Please Help.
Attached Thumbnails What should I do? removed side molding-dsc00314.jpg  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TRANSAM GT4
I removed my side moldings and it looks like a couple of fenders have been painted. One side looks fine, you can't tell the molding was on the car. The other side looks as if someone painted the car, put the moldings on, and sprayed the clear. I took off the molding because the clear was coming off the moldings. Now I am unsure if I should have the moldings painted and put back on or try and wet sand and buff out the one side. Will this buff out? At first I thought it was glue but it's not. I love the looks of the car without the moldings but I don't want the clear to start pealing off the fenders. Please Help.
I would try to buff it out that is what i did to mine
Old 06-05-2009, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kinda had marks like those too. I don't know if that necessarily means it was painted or not. But Towards one end I had a bit of a black outline of where the molding was. I was able to get most of it off with a buff. You could try wetsanding it too, as long as you know what your doing.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Ok, thanks fellas. I was wondering if any others had this under there moldings. It just threw me that it's only one side.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

The one side has been re-painted. The back fender (the pic) is def. clear coat. It was clear coated with the molding on. What do I do? Can I wet sand and buff clear coat to fade it in? I don't have access to a buffer but I can borrow one, and I feel confident on my buff'n skills. I am very affraid that the clear is going to peal off over time and look like $h!t. Anyone tried this or have any tips?

Quick Reply: What should I do? removed side molding