Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Door making creaking noise when it hot .

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Door making creaking noise when it hot .

My door making a loud pop , creaking when it hot out side, my passenger is more worse. what can I spay to lubicate it ? WD40 is worse, PB blaster is even more worse. Engine oil ?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might be the door hitting the front fender. Are the fenders "waved" I guess would be the word. My 97 had that problem. Hard cornering will cause stress on the front fenders causing them to warp. When I got my 99 first thing I did was SFCs and strut tower brace. A lot of people say the strut tower brace is a waste, but thus far between the SFCs and brace no warping and no door popping.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
It might be the door hitting the front fender. Are the fenders "waved" I guess would be the word. My 97 had that problem. Hard cornering will cause stress on the front fenders causing them to warp.
Yup, this is what came to mind also..
Old 06-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Sometimes the hinges do make noise, but the door could be making contact somewhere. Open an close the door looking for anywhere it may make contact around the front edge, especially the lower front corner. It might be making contact with the fender.

For grease, I use white lithium grease in a spray bottle and coat the hinges and spring.

Quick Reply: Door making creaking noise when it hot .