Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What did you think of Fluid Film?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got your package like on Saturday, It got here super fast, and I been trying it on everything I been seeing around the house

I used it on the car too and on the doors of an old shed I have in the back. The doors were super squeeky
Old 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used to to break free rusted bolts and have sprayed the fenders of my quad. The stuff is amazing it repells the mud just hitting it with water and my fenders are clean no scrubing.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Got mine, used it on the bottom of my van's door where rust has started. It has covered the rust with a film. Will see how long it lasts. Thanks for the sample.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano50
Okay, so for those that have tried it, I'd love to hear some feedback on what you think. For those that haven't, shoot me a PM and try a can for free.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, do yourself a favor and visit our website at www.fluid-film.com to see what it's all about.
i would tell you but im still waiting.......
Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 PM
FormerVendor

C'mon guys, give me applications! I'm shooting a trade show video next month and I want to make sure I include everything!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dano50
Hey, thanks for the good feedback and those pics! This product is simply amazing, and I love promoting it!

Oh, and it is safe to use on all metals, plastics and synthetic rubbers.
o great so i can use it on my atv chain and not worry its will eat the orings up.

i just used it to give my atv a nice shine on the metal parts and battery terminals i really like to see how its going to hold up to the mud and water. also in 2 weeks im going to hit the sand dunes.
and im going to change rearend fluid and might spray down the reared down with fluidfilm since i see a few signs of rust.

im just wondering what is the difference between wd40 and fluid film?
not trying to be a smartass i really want to know does it have some qualities not found in wd40? just asking because i have not used it enough to find out.

Last edited by -98-Z28-Darkness-; 07-06-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
FormerVendor

The biggest difference between the two products is the lack of solvents. Without any solvent content you have much more usable product, which will not evaporate after application or get gummy or tacky. Fluid Film also has a lanolin base, which makes it completely unique. The product embeds into the pores of the metal, where it sets up an unyielding barrier that prevents corrosion and lubricates for long periods of time. It is also not water soluble and would actually have to be pressure washed to remove. Check it out: Spray it on a surface, and then take a hose to it and watch how the water beads off the surface.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine still hasn't washed off

I sprayed it underneath my car on rust spots there, on the lower edge of the rear wheel wells, and some other random surface rust areas. I really gave the passenger side upper control arm a good coating, but I really don't want to take that stuff all apart to see how it is holding up there
Old 07-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used it on a rust spot on my quarter panel and it's been staying on, no problem. Also used into on my hinges and of course they are holding up and staying squeak-free. Used it on my dad's mustang and it definitely does what it's supposed to. Definitely will be picking up more of this product in the future.

Also wanted to add that there was a problem with the mail and my product was lost, but I talked to Dan and he promptly sent out a new can the next day! He seriously answered my PM within minutes! I love companies like this, I very much look forward to purchasing from you guys in the future.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

used it on some bolts and the bottom of my car where the holes from taking out my gfx was before. Also used it in the wheel wells. When i sprayed it foamed and it looked like it was doing its job. its giving me a real peace of mind I will be sure to buy more for the underside of my car!

Last edited by ryonyanko; 07-06-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Can I use it on my rotors?
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

At work, I used it to lube squeaky fleet truck doors and also used it to stop the rust and lube the hose real on my power rig for termicide. I used it as anti-rust coat for my 4g63 block that I have sitting in my garage along with the engine stand's wheels. Did the same to my cherry picker. Before, I would have to budge my cherry picker and engine stand to move around. After first spraying the wheels, I had to catch the dang thing from rolling down the drive way.

Last edited by TasTe_GOOD; 07-06-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i was thinking about polishing up my rearend cover but decided to just lightly sand it and put some fluidfilm on it..dint use much but looks like it left a nice shine on it and also spared small parts of the rusty rearend just to see how it will hold up.
i will see how long it will take to loose the product under those conditions.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the feedback! That pic is cool, too. I'd just be careful around brake rotors since Fluid Film remains so slick.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Will be spraying my LCAs and any other parts that squeak when I get around to doing the stuff. Seeing that picture of the rim cleaned...WOW. Now, THAT is AMAZING! Will buy more when Im done with the sample can. I will be recommending your product!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

sparyed some squeaky door hinges on my explorer and sprayed some on the hinges of the Ws6 to make sure they never squeak?/
Old 07-07-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked it, it just ran out way too quickly. Maybe I was too liberal with the sprays?

I used it on the following, and it worked well:
-Car Door Hinges
-Stock Exhaust Manifold Bolts
-Sprayed the collectors on my uncoated Long tube headers (too soon to tell about rust)

Sample can ran out.

1) How is this stuff on leather? The couch I'm sitting on now has been damaged by years of sun light (it's right by a window). It's cracked & rough to the touch. Would FluidFilm damage the leather if I used it on it?
2) Does it help getting rust OFF? I am under the impression that it does, but would rather hear the manufacturers say so.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

The rule of thumb with Fluid Film is don't over apply. It's just not necessary. Since it doesn't dry out, a little goes a long way. It stays active and migrates.

Fluid Film will indeed condition and soften leather. I'd just do a test spot to make sure it doesn't discolor.

Fluid Film stops rust on contact, and will help loosen it up for cleaning. It's not a remover, but will help in the removal process.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

still waiting on mine to come in. I will leave a report after I get it.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

Pm sent I have to try fluid film keep reading good things.

Quick Reply: What did you think of Fluid Film?