Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of SCC Raptor Hood (The Good, Bad, and Ugly)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 10:42 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of SCC Raptor Hood (The Good, Bad, and Ugly)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39762510bbLJuP
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39762448JdcEOL
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39762967vOtFEb

These are the most current shots of my car that I have. I still have a few more things to do myself and the body shop has to handle the air pockets that rose up when the paint was baked on (if there is an air pocket in a fiberglass hood and it gets really hot like in direct sunlight on a hot day or paint being baked on, the pocket will rise and cause a “ding like” effect shown by the circle in the second picture). I had to wait almost three weeks for my hood alone and the car was down for over a month because Suncoast kept giving me the run-around, but it eventually got there. Suncoast made this right by giving me a good discount on the functional ram air box which made it semi-right in my book that I was given the wrong information on three accounts (people at Suncoast telling me the hood was shipping the next day and it never shipping. From the time I was told it was going out the next day it was a week and a half before it actually shipped). Now it’s going to have to go back in to the shop, the hood sanded down and repaired if necessary, and repainted. I do commend Suncoast though. While it hasn’t happened yet, I called and they said to have the body shop fax an estimate and they would cover the repair cost. I’ll post up a few more pictures within the next day or two. They should look really sweet. The body shop wants to wait a week to let any more air pockets that are going to rise work their way up and then next week they’ll take it back and fix it once and for all. They are really treating me good and they did an amazing job on the car in my opinion, I can’t even tell they blended the paint or that the front half has been painted separately from the rear. Like I said I’ll get some better pictures up within the next day or so, but these will have to do for now. Also I noticed at our last club meeting (Middle TN F-Body Association) that the Raptor and Firehawk hoods differ quite a bit more than I originally thought. They have the same basic shape but the Raptor hood’s nostrils are quite a bit larger and it’s a more aggressive looking hood. Of course the Firehawk has heat extractors in the hood but I also have them, they are just in the back. Anyways, I think that about covers everything. Thanks for any input and opinions, later guys.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Pics of SCC Raptor Hood (The Good, Bad, and Ugly)

Dam man thats a nice TA!! the paint is sick!! and those rims.. WOW! hood looks great to.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Pics of SCC Raptor Hood (The Good, Bad, and Ugly)

I believe its time for me a Raptor hood! I also need some wheels. These stock "swirl" wheels just aint cutting it!

Josh S.