Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

best aluminum polish on the market???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009 | 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Mothers billet FTW. I was really impressed with what it did to my car under the hood.
Old 07-05-2009 | 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
I used the mother's billet alluminum polish for a while but recently switched to Meguiar's Hot Rims and I must say that the Meguiar's is MUCH better. I used it on my TTII's, that I hadnt polished in about a year, and they came out better than theyve ever looked. Instead of using a powerball or pad, I put some latex gloves on and worked it in with my finger's so I could get in all the corners and holes. You can get it at any AP store... oh and it smells like cinnamon!
I bought some Meguiar's Hot Rims a day after i posted about the Mother's Billet polish and im shocked at how much better my rims looked after i used the Meguiar's Hot Rims. This is the best polish i have used so far and it comes off 10Xs easier than the Mother's Billet,so disregaurd my above comment that Mother's Billet worked better for me. Meguiar's Hot Rims blew away the Mother's Billet.
Old 07-10-2009 | 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

X2 on the Autosol

Its expensive but the shine is like no other
Old 07-10-2009 | 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
I bought some Meguiar's Hot Rims a day after i posted about the Mother's Billet polish and im shocked at how much better my rims looked after i used the Meguiar's Hot Rims. This is the best polish i have used so far and it comes off 10Xs easier than the Mother's Billet,so disregaurd my above comment that Mother's Billet worked better for me. Meguiar's Hot Rims blew away the Mother's Billet.

agreed. i have used both and the meguiars is better. i have also used in on my a/c condensor and it still shines like chrome, and on that square thing that the brake lines come into. actually it hink i have used it on all the a/c lines and brake lines in the engine bay and they all shine like chrome now

btw i have noticed that if you wash the car and wheels, after the wash they look hazy. if you wipe them down with a cloth or some shop rags to pick up the dirt and residue instead of washing them they keep their shine longer. the washing process seems to remove the polish
Old 07-10-2009 | 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Eagle one Nevr-dull wadding in the can. Easy clean up, shines like the rest. I've used all of them and it's the same difference. Just depends on which one you pick-up.Buffing is where the difference is made.
Old 07-11-2009 | 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WFC97
Eagle one Nevr-dull wadding in the can. Easy clean up, shines like the rest. I've used all of them and it's the same difference. Just depends on which one you pick-up.Buffing is where the difference is made.
I used to use that years ago and it will work your *** off compared to the meguiar's hot rims.

Quick Reply: best aluminum polish on the market???