Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Noob Firebird appearance question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009 | 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Default Noob Firebird appearance question.

I know this is a noob question but I just can't figure this one out. I am looking for a firebird to build up, I plan to replace the hood so a sleek beak is ok but firebirds appear to have two different bumpers and I want Bumper B. Is this a difference between base Firebirds and Trans-Am’s or is this bumper only on WS6's.

Are their other cosmetic changes between the models I should know about on Firebirds. With Camaros the only difference between models is the SS hood and spoiler.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Noob Firebird appearance question.-bumper-.jpg   Noob Firebird appearance question.-bumper-b.jpg  
Old 07-09-2009 | 07:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Strider74
I know this is a noob question but I just can't figure this one out. I am looking for a firebird to build up, I plan to replace the hood so a sleek beak is ok but firebirds appear to have two different bumpers and I want Bumper B. Is this a difference between base Firebirds and Trans-Am’s or is this bumper only on WS6's.

Are their other cosmetic changes between the models I should know about on Firebirds. With Camaros the only difference between models is the SS hood and spoiler.

Thanks.
This question is asked all the time in the firebird section. The red one is a Firebird Formula bumper and the silver one is a Firebird TransAm bumper. The Formula also has a different rear bump than the TransAms and a lower wing.
Formula :

TransAm:
Old 07-09-2009 | 07:46 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the quick reply. So if I have this right I can get the bumper (front and back) that I want by getting a Trans Am, but it does not have to be a WS6. Just no need to pay extra for the WS6 package when I plan to rebuild most of the car.
Old 07-09-2009 | 08:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for the quick reply. So if I have this right I can get the bumper (front and back) that I want by getting a Trans Am, but it does not have to be a WS6. Just no need to pay extra for the WS6 package when I plan to rebuild most of the car.
Thats correct
Old 07-09-2009 | 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Exactly. The WS6 package gets you a hood, suspension, exhaust, and a badge.

You also get the side skirts with the Trans Am.

Quick Reply: Noob Firebird appearance question.