Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What towels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 big towels that I got at walmart. They're really soft and absorb the water better than anything I've tried. A standard cheap towel is crap, but these are really nice one.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:24 PM

Smile

Drying your vehicle you have a few choices - first make it easy - when you are done washing the vehicle remove the nozzle from the hose and let the water pour over the vehicle - this will reduce the amount of water laying on the vehicle.

Use a microfiber "drying" towel - not a microfiber towel - do not use terry cloth which may add microabrasions.
- these work the same way as the absorber or chamios in that your much get them wet for it to work. The best part of the microfiber "drying" towel is the towel will not grab the paint especially when this is limited wax protection. These guys will suck water much better than the absorber or chamios and also provide some cushion to protect against microabrasions espeically on those dark vehicles. I start with the windows to get the towel damp and go from there.

Remember when you are done you can wash this towel but without bleach or water softners and separate from other non microfibers. I wash ours with my other microfibers and use "Mirco-restore".

Joe Altman
Automotive Candystore - Motoring Lifestyle & Tailgating Store
Certified Clear Bra (Paint Protection)& Headlight/Taillight Protection Installation Facility
www.automotivecandystore.com
www.clearshieldprotection.com
3M Certified Headlight Lens Restoration Facility
Stuart, Florida
Old 07-12-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wash early in morn or late in the eve. heat makes water spots worse, then i blow dry with blower, then i wipe down with cotton towel removed from rinse cycle from wash machine, results are pretty good,,, NBM
Attached Thumbnails What towels?-07-10-08_0107.jpg   What towels?-1362791039.jpg   What towels?-1362791043.jpg   What towels?-13627125635.jpg  
Old 07-12-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by metalmechanic
i wash early in morn or late in the eve. heat makes water spots worse, then i blow dry with blower, then i wipe down with cotton towel removed from rinse cycle from wash machine, results are pretty good,,, NBM
Try a "CR Spotless" to stop water spots.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

I use quality waffle weave microfibers and have for several years now (owned a detailing business and own a black vehicle). The key to any microfiber towel is proper care.

Wash in hot water with very little detergent. No softener, no bleach. Add a touch of distilled white vinegar to the rinse cycle if they are losing their absorbancy. Air dry or fluff on low heat.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Add a touch of distilled white vinegar to the rinse cycle if they are losing their absorbancy. Air dry or fluff on low heat.
Really found this to be a great tool for all my towels.

Quick Reply: What towels?