Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Some Ideas For The MMR Trans am

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some Ideas For The MMR Trans am

So a couple months ago I picked up this 2002 MMR Trans-Am.

Since they dont come with the WS6 hood I put one on.
Also with some 6000k HIDs

Anyway, I just want to see what some of you have done with your MMR's

I am thinking of doing the CETA mod and I want to do some Black Bird Stripes on the hood, maybe flat black? What do you all think? Any other ideas?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow!! I have always loved that color! I wanted one so bad but i got my license after the TA had ended production and i couldn't find one . So i settled for a torch red WS6 (special ordered). Anyway, that color looks best with chrome or a darker gray IMO. i would recomend something with gray/gunmetal/charcoal spokes and chrome lips as far as rims go. Blackbirds would look good in the same color. CETA is a must. Lower of course. But thats a classy color, keep it clean and simple! Maybe chrome TT2's and a drop is all you need. Add some chrome or mirrored fender vents and bird emblem
Old 07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love that color, its pretty close to what I'll be painting my car . Sick man.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

great looking car and nice mods!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Wow!! I have always loved that color! I wanted one so bad but i got my license after the TA had ended production and i couldn't find one . So i settled for a torch red WS6 (special ordered). Anyway, that color looks best with chrome or a darker gray IMO. i would recomend something with gray/gunmetal/charcoal spokes and chrome lips as far as rims go. Blackbirds would look good in the same color. CETA is a must. Lower of course. But thats a classy color, keep it clean and simple! Maybe chrome TT2's and a drop is all you need. Add some chrome or mirrored fender vents and bird emblem
I am talking about the nostrils. The stripes that go on the side (Black Bird Stripes) You think flat black would look good? When I polish the rims they look ridiculously shiny like chrome so I think I am gonna keep these. I agree the CETA is a must and will be soon. I have been thinking of the chrome vents too. And when I get stationed in Texas I am getting the Bird place cuz in Wisconsin you need both front and rear plates

I love that color, its pretty close to what I'll be painting my car . Sick man.
Why are you painting it? And what do you mean by "close" to? Youre not going MMR?

great looking car and nice mods!
Thanks man
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned

I would give it charcoal metallic black bird stripes and charcoal metallic (painted or powdered) center spokes (leaving the lip polished). Nice looking car!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

like the mods... great looking ride..
Old 07-16-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I would give it charcoal metallic black bird stripes and charcoal metallic (painted or powdered) center spokes (leaving the lip polished). Nice looking car!
^ What he said
Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

The more I sit and think about it I think youre right. The idea of a metallic charcoal is growing on me. And I have been contemplating the charcoal rims for a long time but wasnt sure about it... Maybe someone has a pic to show or just photoshop it.

Thanks guys for the help and comments.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Regular

always loved MRM
Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trans-Am Terrorist
I am talking about the nostrils. The stripes that go on the side (Black Bird Stripes) You think flat black would look good? When I polish the rims they look ridiculously shiny like chrome so I think I am gonna keep these. I agree the CETA is a must and will be soon. I have been thinking of the chrome vents too. And when I get stationed in Texas I am getting the Bird place cuz in Wisconsin you need both front and rear plates

No, flat paint wouldn't conpliment this color IMO and im a huge fan of flat paint. I was thinking Charcoal just like the color 6LE suggested. Avalanches and Silverados have a great Charcoal paint that i would look up if i were you. I didnt notice you even had rims i was so mesmerized by the paint LOL!! If you are keeping the rims, i would paint the spokes and keep the lips polished, but also do the vents and bird emblems. And PONTIAC insert, and maybe the rear filler panel bird. Id leave the "trans am" on the door stock color though. And definitely drop it a little. Should be a nice clean inderstated theme overall and just add more class to that Beautiful car!!

http://assets.clickmotive.com/ail/co...40_001_16U.jpg

Are those TT2's or Smoothies?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check out this thread, the Camaro on this pade has a set up really similar to what i am talking about. PLus lots of examples of Maple Metallic Red and as Monterey Maroon Metallic (same color, just on a camaro)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...n-f-bodys.html
Old 07-16-2009, 04:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trans-Am Terrorist
The more I sit and think about it I think youre right. The idea of a metallic charcoal is growing on me. And I have been contemplating the charcoal rims for a long time but wasnt sure about it... Maybe someone has a pic to show or just photoshop it.

Thanks guys for the help and comments.
Been looking for an hour for pics of a Blackbird with that theme (I saw it before) but haven't found them... Here's some of a Tom Henry "SS" I found though...

Old 07-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Banned

Not MRM but same them we are talking about...
Old 07-16-2009, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the pics and dedication of an hour for one pic, 6LE. That makes it a lot clearer in my head and it looks great. I am definitely going to go with that. It pops out a lot and I like how it compliments the color. Great idea.

EvilZO6... They are TT2 rims. Also thanks for the thread. I got to see all those awesome F-bodies and their beautiful color
Old 07-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Banned

^^Bugs the crap out of me still that I can't find it. It is a MRM Black Bird with Charcoal stripes and rims and it is parked next to a Mystic Teal version of the same car at a parking lot car show....
Old 07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Been looking for an hour for pics of a Blackbird with that theme (I saw it before) but haven't found them... Here's some of a Tom Henry "SS" I found though...

[IMG]https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/special-edition-vehicles/121714d1204050879-gmmg-owners-check-please-wm66322.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/special-edition-vehicles/121715d1204050879-gmmg-owners-check-please-2102059_58_full.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/special-edition-vehicles/121713d1204050879-gmmg-owners-check-please-2102059_55_full.jpg[/IM]
WS6's (meaning blackbirds too) didn't come in MRM so thats probably why you didn't find it . Must have just been a clone.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
WS6's (meaning blackbirds too) didn't come in MRM so thats probably why you didn't find it . Must have just been a clone.
I am sure its custom work. Just like me adding my WS6 hood I am sure the one he is talking about did all his custom work.

^^Bugs the crap out of me still that I can't find it. It is a MRM Black Bird with Charcoal stripes and rims and it is parked next to a Mystic Teal version of the same car at a parking lot car show....
I am still excited to see it. Happy hunting I guess. Let me know when and if you do fine it. Thanks for the help
Old 07-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Launching!

WOW!! car looks great! & agree on the charcoal for stripes,wheels & even the ceta mod!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

I really need to get some updated pics on this thing. lol The pics I have are when I just bought it.

Seems unanimous that the CETA, Charcoal rims and stripes are the way to go... Excellent ideas.

I think the chrome vents in the nostrils and the sides of the car will help it stand out too.

For the stripes... Do you buy just some decals? Or do you get them painted on? Hows that work? Where from?

Last edited by Trans-Am Terrorist; 07-16-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Some Ideas For The MMR Trans am