Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

DETAIL: '99 Black Viper GTS w/PC 7424 XP video highlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:56 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 99zee
We only have the clay bar in the kit with the lube at this time. Now, you can buy 3 of them
I've got at least 4-5 bottles of clay lubricant.... I need some good clay bars as I don't like to use them for too long before replacing them.

I'll keep searching.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! I'd love to see just the clay being sold as well. I hate having to pay for a whole kit every time.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

We used to have the clay bar by itself. I personally liked that better. I'll have to talk to Steve and see if there is any news on going back to the bar only.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:33 AM
TECH Addict

finally a video showing how fast you should use a PC. this new model seems to have less orbits then the older PC. it seems my PC shakes a hell of a lot more then the one in the video. it almost looks like a rotary, while mine can shake itself out of your hand. are you using a different counterweight or something?

also, could you PLEASE post a vid showing exactly how much product to use, like your TC swirl cutter? and how often to reapply? i never know if im using too much or not enough, and you can only explain so well without actually seeing it used.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
finally a video showing how fast you should use a PC. this new model seems to have less orbits then the older PC. it seems my PC shakes a hell of a lot more then the one in the video. it almost looks like a rotary, while mine can shake itself out of your hand. are you using a different counterweight or something?

also, could you PLEASE post a vid showing exactly how much product to use, like your TC swirl cutter? and how often to reapply? i never know if im using too much or not enough, and you can only explain so well without actually seeing it used.
Which counterweight are you using? If using the 6.5" pads you need the counterweight that matches the pads. That is usually not the counterweight that comes with the PC. I use a little of the swirl cutter at a time. I add more when moving to the next panel after the product has been "worked in". Its kinda hard to explain in words. I'll try to find a picture/video.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I've got at least 4-5 bottles of clay lubricant.... I need some good clay bars as I don't like to use them for too long before replacing them.

I'll keep searching.
I talked to Steve and there is no news on the clay bar that we used to sell by itself.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99zee
Which counterweight are you using? If using the 6.5" pads you need the counterweight that matches the pads. That is usually not the counterweight that comes with the PC. I use a little of the swirl cutter at a time. I add more when moving to the next panel after the product has been "worked in". Its kinda hard to explain in words. I'll try to find a picture/video.
ill have to double check, but im pretty sure the kit came with 2 weights, and im using the one that says its for 6.5 pads. the other is for 5" pads, i believe.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
ill have to double check, but im pretty sure the kit came with 2 weights, and im using the one that says its for 6.5 pads. the other is for 5" pads, i believe.

Ok, some shake more than others. Sounds like you have the correct counterweight. Mine doesn't shake too much, but by the end of the day my hands are whipped.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Thyme_CA
Wow you have some serious skills !!!
Thanks.

You must have lots of patience in order to get these results. There are many others out there and on this forum who get the same.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

EchoMirage:

You also want to make sure the your buffing pad is centered on the backing plate. If it is not, you will also get excessive vibration. Be sure to check all screws are tight and that the pads are intact as well. (no loose, delaminating felt backing material or damaged foam)

I only use a couple of dime size drops of Swirl Cutter on the lightly moistened pad. Work in to the surface of a 2' x 2' section until it is broken down (speed 4-5)and appears nearly clear on the paint. An excessive amount just gums up and clogs the pad pores.

Quick Reply: DETAIL: '99 Black Viper GTS w/PC 7424 XP video highlights