Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Desperatly need front air dam!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Desperatly need front air dam!

What is ther purpose of this "air dam" your putting on your ss?
Old 06-26-2002, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Desperatly need front air dam!

It will keep air from packing underneath the car at speed. I will be traveling at speeds from 175-195+. At those speeds you are pushing a TON of air in front of the car. The air dam will keep the air moving around the car instead of under it. "IF" at those speeds you hit a bump/frost heave in the road and your suspension uncomperesses the air moving under the car will cause "lift", like an airplane. That is an event that could prove fatal. The idea is to keep the air moving around and over the car, not under it.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Desperatly need front air dam!

I am prepping my 99 SS for the silver state classic challenge next may and I need a front air damn to minimize the flow of air underneath the car. The only place I know of is wings west. Something similar to thiers might work but I need it to be lower to the ground and still allow air to the radiator. The last thing I want to do is break out a piece of sheet metal and shears and try to do it myself. Any info on body kits for the 98+cars would be greatly appreciated.

BTW this is not for "looks", this will actually be ran at speeds in excess of 175mph and will be functional.

<small>[ June 26, 2002, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: NataSS Inc ]</small>

Quick Reply: Desperatly need front air dam!