Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Wet Sanded some of the WS6 today

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Circular motion is fine for what you're doing....criss-cross or straight with a block is usually for taking out nibs and runs....otherwise why would DA's run in a circular motion?....
Old 08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SunCoastTA
Circular motion is fine for what you're doing....criss-cross or straight with a block is usually for taking out nibs and runs....otherwise why would DA's run in a circular motion?....

to be honest, when I saw "sand in straight lines" I didn't think "short crisscross," my brain went right to a recent post where someone sanded their hood tip to tail in long straight lines, which didn't seem like a good idea.

I didn't encounter any problems with the circular motion however, short criscross strokes would minimize a scratch from debri caught up in the paper whereas the circular motion could potentially cause a long scratch just as a long straight line would. Each time I've sanded I kept a garden hose on trickle as I sanded, so luckily I never had anything cause a scratch.

I did have one paint run in the clear after a door blend on my T/A and I removed it using a technique I saw on "Trucks" where you scrape the clear flat with a razorblade edge held perpendicular to the body. It worked very well!

Here's the T/A after wetsanding, compounding and 3M swirl remover.
I'm currently layering coats of Zaino on top of a pure acrylic and the finish is noticeably shinier, just have to get updated pics when I'm done!

Last edited by DriftR; 08-23-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SunCoastTA
D/A's don't operate in a circular motion they oscillate,which mimics criss cross patterns. Rotary's operate in circular revolutions,which you would not use to wet sand.

Quick Reply: Wet Sanded some of the WS6 today