Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

2010 Trans am concept car on display today at Trans am Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, just for everyone's FYI. The concept seen at the Trans Am Nationals is the Phoenix Concept by Kevin Morgan Designs. He drew up the design. He developed the plan. He built the thing himself (with help from others I'm sure). This is not the same at all as the ASC concept above, which isn't built yet as far as I know.

Props to Kevin Morgan for following through on something instead of whining about everything like everyone in here. Too bad if you don't like it. Someone else might. I don't think it's perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than anything I've come up with so far.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Question: How can I take a 2010 Camaro and spend just as little money as possible on it, put just as little thought and ingenuity into it as possible and still label it a Trans Am????

Answer:

I hope they only sell them through Pontiac dealers!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

props for the effort. back looks like *** though.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

yeah, true it does. but hey, maybe it's just the first real attempt so he's working through some kinks.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it actually. Only thing that really needs to be changed it the rear spoiler, needs to be a lil flatter and not straight up. The front end looks killer, same with interior, but the rear and exhaust tips are my only issues.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought it looked pretty bad ***. The rear could use some work though. It was in HPP last month. I'd have to go back and look who did the conversion but they are planning on producing a conversion for customers.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's the best they could do!!! What a waste of our cars'
Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

....hmmm... i dont know
Old 08-31-2009, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Call me crazy, but I like it. Rear spoiler is too much of a throwback for me and I'm sure it can be changed once the aftermarket get's going on some choices for the 5th gen's. The 70's all over again.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ws6Wicked
so disappointed, its a Camaro with a few cosmetic changes, =/
I agree. Like the idea tho. just needs to be a Firebrd and not a Camaro.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ahhwataday
I agree. Like the idea tho. just needs to be a Firebrd and not a Camaro.
I had to check your profile to be sure but I knew you were young. Firebirds have allways been Camaro's since gen1. They are rebadged GM produced cars with slight variations in trim molds,bumpers,headlamps,dash,etc. The 4th gens were the most different of all 30 yrs prior. This is the way it has allways been bro!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WFC97
I had to check your profile to be sure but I knew you were young. Firebirds have allways been Camaro's since gen1. They are rebadged GM produced cars with slight variations in trim molds,bumpers,headlamps,dash,etc. The 4th gens were the most different of all 30 yrs prior. This is the way it has allways been bro!
are you kidding me?? and how old are you?? you really have no idea what youre talking about. the 1st and 2nd gens were the MOST different out of all generations. different motors, trans, suspension, rear ends, gear ratios, interior/exterior options, colors....need i go on? there is not a body panel or piece of glass you could share between the two. beginning with the 3rd gens AND the 4th gens are when they became more and more similar.

you can swap LS1s back and forth between TAs and camaros all day. you think you can do that with a RAIII 400 and a 396? the motor mounts arent even the same. nor are the transmissions and rear ends. ever hear of the BOP bolt patterns??
Old 08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ thanks

This is a camaro with a custom hood and a few pieces of fiberglass added around the car (I know its a concept). Only similar/interchangeable parts ARE the glass, but this is all the same body.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

I think it looks alright from the front, the rear of the blue concept from ASE looks alot better then the one on the black car.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Yea, I guess when I sold the front and rear and door glass out of my 68 to a guy with a 68 Firebird, he just bought it to look at. Maybe it's the time he used my Rick's first Gen Camaro parts catalog to order parts for his Firebird? In fact, I had door handles on my 73 that came from a Pontiac. Oh, lets not forget how different 2nd gens looked from each other.............Uh not much.Yea, and both my B2L 87,89 Irocs were so different from Trans-Am's. Dude, I understand that gear ratios and motors are not exactly the same but don't act like It's such a different car when it's not. The basic lines and themes of these cars have allways been the same. Ok, my 97 next to my buddy's 96 TA is well the same except for the body,wow man it's just such a different car. Get real.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
are you kidding me?? and how old are you?? you really have no idea what youre talking about. the 1st and 2nd gens were the MOST different out of all generations. different motors, trans, suspension, rear ends, gear ratios, interior/exterior options, colors....need i go on? there is not a body panel or piece of glass you could share between the two. beginning with the 3rd gens AND the 4th gens are when they became more and more similar.

you can swap LS1s back and forth between TAs and camaros all day. you think you can do that with a RAIII 400 and a 396? the motor mounts arent even the same. nor are the transmissions and rear ends. ever hear of the BOP bolt patterns??
You are so right. Pretty stupid if he doesnt realize they are built on the same damn platform....the F-body. I believe they are young and uneducated. Notice the misspellings and improper grammar usage.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate it
Old 08-31-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol

wat a day
Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the look, dont like the gold carbon fiber door panels, the cluster guages blow and the seats gotta bounce, and WHO THE HELL PUT LT1 tailights in it??? BARF..but other than that..I'm in...somebody photoshop that blue one and make it black..then lets see what it looks like.. and definately NOT feeliin the 3rd gen camaro spoiler on it..
Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Addict

Yea, I guess when I sold the front and rear and door glass out of my 68 to a guy with a 68 Firebird, he just bought it to look at. Maybe it's the time he used my Rick's first Gen Camaro parts catalog to order parts for his Firebird? In fact, I had door handles on my 73 that came from a Pontiac. Oh, lets not forget how different 2nd gens looked from each other.............Uh not much.Yea, and both my B2L 87,89 Irocs were so different from Trans-Am's. Dude, I understand that gear ratios and motors are not exactly the same but don't act like It's such a different car when it's not. The basic lines and themes of these cars have allways been the same. Ok, my 97 next to my buddy's 96 TA is well the same except for the body,wow man it's just such a different car. Get real.
well since you can swap door handles they must be the exact same car, hmm. in fact, since you can swap 2nd gen front brake rotors with about 30 different GM vehicles, they must all be the exact same car too, just different badges.

Quick Reply: 2010 Trans am concept car on display today at Trans am Nationals