Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

whats the going rate for decals these days (is this too pricey)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default whats the going rate for decals these days (is this too pricey)

i have been waiting for a certain person to print me some custom decals but his printer has been broken for over a year and i met someone at the nats who can do them for me. However his price is over 3x what the other person would do them for.

basically what i want is this center cap decal made in the same size and 3d style of the C4 corvette flag and chevy emblem decal that came with a set of black ZR1 center caps i bought over a year ago and haven't installed yet.

i was quoted $65 for a set of 4 tiny decals when the other person was going to do them for about $20-$25 for all 4.

is $65 too much to pay for these? i don't know if i can justify paying $65 for 4 small plastic covered decals.

when i bought the caps i was told the center piece wouldn't be installed and i figured i was getting a cap with a black circle in the middle that i could put a bird logo on. instead i got this, which basically necessitates the use of the corvette flags decal or one of the same dimensions.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try contacting brent franker?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Junkie

i was trying to keep names out of it but brent is the person who i've been waiting on for over a year to get his printer fixed.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The biggest issue is the art work setup maybe the 1st guy already has the template where as the next guy does not. I know when I have my graphics people create my decals 99% of the time they are a one off decal they charge me a $30 setup charge as they have to creat the art work.

Sean
Old 09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Junkie

actually i don't think he did but he knew what i wanted. he was going to start offering that size decal after he finished mine. the problem is his 3d printer that does the bubble coating is broken and they have come out several times to get it right and i believe he has now wasted a lot of time/money and it still isn't fixed. it's just frustrating because i don't think i want to spend $60+ for 4 tiny decals. i believe the guy who wants to sell them to me for $65 is wanting to do some sort of metal decal and thats really more than i want. i just want the same plastic covered 3d decal that the C4 vettes use. i found an auction on ebay for just the center cap decals for $20 and emailed that seller to see if he prints those himself and sent him a copy of the graphic i made so maybe he can print me up a custom set for a little more than the $20 for the corvette ones, but not 3x as much.

Quick Reply: whats the going rate for decals these days (is this too pricey)