Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LT1 Front Bumper Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danhr
I can't wait to hear this..........

Something tells me this guy also justifies having a 6' wing on his car for downforce, because it's there for function.
Maybe it functions as a Chrysler Concorde look-alike!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by danhr
I can't wait to hear this..........

Something tells me this guy also justifies having a 6' wing on his car for downforce, because it's there for function.
LS1 front has a lid and MUCH better headlights so we can see where we are going at night

Honestly, I've never seen a thread filled with so much hate over the front end of the 4th gen Camaro Each has their own preferences, no one is stupid for wanting one or the other.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there's about a million different threads on getting an ls1 lid on an lt1 car with a stock hood.

and about a million different headlight options that put lt1 headlights on par, if not better, than the STOCK ls1 headlights. (noticed I said stock... once you start modifyng both, all bets are off).

even the combined cost of those two (even if you go to the extreme and put a high dollar hood on an lt1 car to clear the ls1 lid, and put HID's or PIAA/Hella lights in as headlights) it will still come out less than the cost of doing an entire front end swap.

I dunno... like several people have said... it's all personal preferance on looks. You can't argue that. But what we can argue functionality and price
Old 09-13-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In all honesty, a stock '93-'97 front bumper looks far better factory original than anything you could possibly do to it. How can you not like that face?

I wouldn't mess with bodykits, ground effects, foglight mods, etc. It's perfect as is.