Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LT1 Front Bumper Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Front Bumper Upgrade?

I am wanting to change up the front of my 96 Z28 and haven't seen many aftermarket units and the 1 or 2 I have seen didn't look right. Was wanting to know if any of you have made modifications to your LT bodystyle camaro bumper and or have seen some thats are worth changing to. I've considered the conversion kit to LS body style....but that was really expensive last time I checked.

Last edited by dream69; 09-10-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're wanting one that just looks a little bit different from stock, get the Razzi 2000 front bumper.

It goes on top of your stock bumper, so you'll need to keep you original bumper. It would benefit from bodywork to mold it in, as the way it fits near the tires is unattractive. In fact, the entire kit is extremely ugly unless it is molded in.

There are some others here... but most are god awful.
http://www.body-kits.biz/Front-p-1-c-338.html
Old 09-10-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The LT1 Camaro has the sexiest front end ever. Don't **** with it, leave it alone. If anything get RS ground effects or something.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Well I haven't seen many differences in the LT1s as there is a few more in the LS1. I personally like the LS1 front better but want to do something more unique with mine. Thanks for the pics and I agree it would need to ne molded in to the body. I guess I'll come up with something. Thanks guys.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dream69
Well I haven't seen many differences in the LT1s as there is a few more in the LS1. I personally like the LS1 front better but want to do something more unique with mine. Thanks for the pics and I agree it would need to ne molded in to the body. I guess I'll come up with something. Thanks guys.
You like the LS1 front over the LT1 front, uh, right. Dude your front end is perfect just like it is. If you want it to look a little different then do a fog light mod. Get rid of the fog lights and put some nice quality mesh in the holes and mod some lights behind the mesh so you still have the fog light look. It will change the look of the front more than you think. Oh and just so you know we are not bias, 80% of LS1 owners like the look of an LT1 front. They realize thier front ends are fugly. LOL...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Aight man. Thanks for the info. I want to do something that enhances the front but doesn't change it up so much that it looks cheap.....fake...like you said..fugly. lol Any spacifics on foglights that really work with this frontend?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

I've never seen an aftermarket front end for the LT1 that I liked. I personally love the look of an LT1 Camaro front end.

I would really consider spending your money on something else that can make your car look unique (wheels, paint, etc).
Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by Sabaktes
I've never seen an aftermarket front end for the LT1 that I liked. I personally love the look of an LT1 Camaro front end.

I would really consider spending your money on something else that can make your car look unique (wheels, paint, etc).
+1 keep it clean, and I also suggest something with the foglights.
Maybe a nice billet grill to clean it up?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Aight guys. I appreciate it. Now whar are my options on a nice set of fog lights that go well with the frontend. Some that others like and use often?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check it out man, https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html

I still have the factory fogs in my car but I bought some clear lens rectangular fog lights by Pilot (cheap-os) from Auto-Zone, and I think they will look good, just haven't had time to take the bumper off and put them in. I was considering round small projectors for fogs. You should do that so I can see what it looks like lol.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

The LT1 front end just doesnt lend well to change at all . I havent seen bumper covers , grills , lighting changes to headlights , foglights ect. that Ive thought actually looked right on the car . I dont even think the clear or black parking lights look right on a LT1 front

It looks the absolute best as it came from GM or simply without fog lights . Thankfully it looks killer stock .

JMO of course .
Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

i think the 1le foglight covers are about the only upgrade tht looks right
Old 09-11-2009, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bderlan
If you can find them, from what I've read they're essentially extinct. There's a few places that still list them, but they're discontinued from what I've looked into.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Alright guys...Thanks for everything. I think I'll be on the lookout for some nice foglights and some clear marker lights.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WFC97
You like the LS1 front over the LT1 front, uh, right. Dude your front end is perfect just like it is. If you want it to look a little different then do a fog light mod. Get rid of the fog lights and put some nice quality mesh in the holes and mod some lights behind the mesh so you still have the fog light look. It will change the look of the front more than you think. Oh and just so you know we are not bias, 80% of LS1 owners like the look of an LT1 front. They realize thier front ends are fugly. LOL...
uhhhh, no
Old 09-11-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bderlan
what is the difference??? i've never heard of this before...
Old 09-11-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WFC97
You like the LS1 front over the LT1 front, uh, right. Dude your front end is perfect just like it is. . Oh and just so you know we are not bias, 80% of LS1 owners like the look of an LT1 front. They realize thier front ends are fugly. LOL...
Yeah, uh no. I went LS1 for function too, though.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

The LS1 front end is fugly. My 93 came with it but I took it off. I don't see why you think the LS1 front end conversion is expensive - nowadays you can find the parts cheap. In fact, if you lived near me (or were willing to pay the shipping, which could be pricey) I'm giving away 70% of a LS1 front end conversion because I got tired of trying to sell it.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greendrazil
What function? From the looks of it, you have a stock LS1 hood - which isn't functional. The only reason I liked the LS1 front end was because I the foglights out, and used an LT1 cold air intake, so the filter sat right behind the foglight hole.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greendrazil
I can't wait to hear this..........

Something tells me this guy also justifies having a 6' wing on his car for downforce, because it's there for function.