Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Duraflex SS spoiler??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought the spoiler. Did not buy it from 6le.

This spoiler fits like ****. Its horrible. It also has a a provison for the third brake light which it shouldn't.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any pictures? The product I saw in person looked great... Where did you buy from? They sell their rejects to ebay dealers to unload....
Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
No pics on a car yet. I could drive down and put one on my car but for the cost of gas (only 60 miles away but in LA that could be an overnight trip ) I'd rather just let someone on LS1tech buy one at cost and take pics for me
Where are they located Mark?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Banned

Anaheim
Old 10-19-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah thats about 30 miles for me one way
Old 10-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by uLs1a
Yeah thats about 30 miles for me one way
You want one for cost?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Very interested as well, I've been looking to get one for my 94 Z28 for a moment. I think it would look awesome matching my 3" SS hood from VFN the one in my avatar, all though I don't want to have a shitty fitment issue like I here are out there. Ebay dealers from everything I've read. I would also like to see pics of one on a car to get a feel for the higher lip and shaved light! So will the 98-02 SS poilers even fit right on first gen LT1's????
Old 10-21-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

Any pictures? The product I saw in person looked great... Where did you buy from? They sell their rejects to ebay dealers to unload....
I have a bunch of pictures, on the girlfriends cpu. lol

I bought it from Driven by style

http://www.drivenbystyle.com/

Wonder if they get the throw aways? The duraflex is supposed to have no third brake light provision, mine did.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by phoenix1987

Wonder if they get the throw aways? The duraflex is supposed to have no third brake light provision, mine did.
Something's up. Either they sell a CRAP LOAD of products for Extreme Dimensions (which they very well might) and get a helluva discount (their price is LITERALLY LESS than my cost) or they are getting discounted "problem" pieces.

Please post pics because if it is normal product and it is crap I will drop the product line until I clear it up with the company...

Also, if the company you bought from doesn't help you out let me know and I'll see what I can do, everyone I met at Extreme Dimensions was REALLY nice. I don't even know for sure this came from them though...

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 10-21-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah let's see them pics if you can get a hold of them. Also you say it came with the 3rd brake light? I see that the picture shows no 3rd brake light all though they don't even mention it in the add! How did it all match up! what did it cost to get painted?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
Yeah let's see them pics if you can get a hold of them. Also you say it came with the 3rd brake light? I see that the picture shows no 3rd brake light all though they don't even mention it in the add! How did it all match up! what did it cost to get painted?
I paid $200 to get mine painted locally...
Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Something's up. Either they sell a CRAP LOAD of products for Extreme Dimensions (which they very well might) and get a helluva discount (their price is LITERALLY LESS than my cost) or they are getting discounted "problem" pieces.

Please post pics because if it is normal product and it is crap I will drop the product line until I clear it up with the company...

Also, if the company you bought from doesn't help you out let me know and I'll see what I can do, everyone I met at Extreme Dimensions was REALLY nice. I don't even know for sure this came from them though...
I have the pics on my girlfriends cpu. Then I lost my flashdrive lol.

it did not come with a third brake light, it came with the provision for it (spoiler recessed for light).

I will try to get pics up asap!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Regular

Pics.....

Fits great lol

I talked to the company and they will credit me what I paid towards an RKSport SS Spoiler.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Banned

Pics.....

Fits great lol

I talked to the company and they will credit me what I paid towards an RKSport SS Spoiler.
Any back shots? Do you have any type of padding (my other brand SS spoiler came with some foam I had to leave out to sit right) between spoiler and trunk or does it sit that high all on its own?

That's really bad...
Old 10-22-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Damn that is terrible looking, which place is this not to buy from again? That sits all fucked up. The center post don't even come close to touching and the top pieces that meet with the hatch are way high....I take it that it's just sitting there but I can't for see bolting it down fixing that much of gaps and being flush....Damn now I'm even discouraged to think about getting one of these period! I want one to fit like a glove, like it was meant to be there, lol! Any one else have some pics of a good company with a proper fitting SS spoiler's?????
Old 10-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned

Damn that is terrible looking, which place is this not to buy from again? That sits all fucked up. The center post don't even come close to touching and the top pieces that meet with the hatch are way high....I take it that it's just sitting there but I can't for see bolting it down fixing that much of gaps and being flush....Damn now I'm even discouraged to think about getting one of these period! I want one to fit like a glove, like it was meant to be there, lol! Any one else have some pics of a good company with a proper fitting SS spoiler's?????
Mine fit great, got it from The Spoiler Company on ebay back in the day...
Old 10-22-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Mine fit great, got it from The Spoiler Company on ebay back in the day...
Your car is the newer model 98-02, what year is the camaro that is red with the jacked up spoiler....Maybe there is a difference in the 2 models, Not sure. You can install a spoiler off a newer model to 93-97 model if not then maybe he got the wrong one. Not to familiar with spoiler's but I do now that looks like ****.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned

Your car is the newer model 98-02, what year is the camaro that is red with the jacked up spoiler....Maybe there is a difference in the 2 models, Not sure. You can install a spoiler off a newer model to 93-97 model if not then maybe he got the wrong one. Not to familiar with spoiler's but I do now that looks like ****.
1993-2002 are the same on the hatch. My reference (to a fitting spoiler) was not the spoiler he's talking about. It is one I bought YEARS ago from a company on ebay that everyone on here has had great experiences with so I was just passing that info along since someone asked about where to get a good one from...
Old 10-23-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy **** Batman!!!
That looks like spanked monkey ***.
I feel for you phoenix1987 being a little pissed at that product.

Oh what a minute, my damn buffing pad is caught under the center posts.

That stuff is so screwed up, a person can only laugh.....
Old 10-23-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

I'm confused here, above you state that all the reject spoiler's go to ebay dealers but yet you say you bought yours there and it's fine! So what do you recommend then and who from? I want one and I want it to be right just like everyone else forking money over. I've always heard different things with the spoiler fitting different models but you do say that they all are interchangeable then. Hell I may look for one that is a true OEM SS spoiler, then maybe there will be do defects or fitment issues. Not sure if I can find one locally or not but I may go this route.

Sorry Phoenix that you got screwed over with that POS spoiler, it sucks to wait to receive and then have a disappointment with poor *** workmanship and customer service from garbage *** company's that sell knock offs that are a waste of time.

Last edited by 94BlueZ28; 10-23-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Duraflex SS spoiler??????