Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She's not that good looking (the chick)
Old 11-30-2003, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think displaying an article like that is wrong and it would be wrong to display trophies that you did not win. example : do they give and allow "current" NFL or MLB players to wear rings of previous teams that won championships, well no they don't b/c they didn't earn them. The only time trophies should be displayed should be if they were obtained while she was in possesion of car same goes for the magazine articles. She could reference the articles but displaying them is to much for me IMO. The only thing she seems to have done to the car is get the filter dirty, I don't think they give trohies for that.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

dablackice pm ya

here is the link rochester f-body click memebers/Sandy K.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Launching!

i see you took your euro tails out.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Steve, your former engine bay is an inspiration to us all!

Where did you get those nice stainless clamps on your "air inlet track" hoses? Are those exhaust clamps or custom?
Old 12-01-2003, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

SHE'S TOUCHING THE CAR!!!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

what kind of smooth bellows is that?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Are you all sure that "Sandy" is the woman pictured? There is the possibility of a guy named Sandy, and that's his girlfriend or something....?

Anyway, that car is still amazing, despite not being quite as clean as when Steve owned it. Not many people can attain, or maintain, the level that Steve has kept his car. That car has made me want to do MANY more things to mine, and they will come in due time.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

"Sandy" is the woman that bought Steve's car, thats her in the photo. She is also a member on this site. The car is probably her daily-driver, so it would be damn near impossible to keep it as clean as Steve did. I think she is doing a good job and I'm glad to see it being shown and shared with everyone to enjoy. I also don't think there is anything wrong with showing the magazine feature, since it IS the same car. Showing a magazine doesn't mean anyone is taking credit for the work, they are just proud of the car!

Tony
Old 12-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Launching!

it is sad such a nice car is seeing rain and being driven daliey but, iam sure she PAID for it so its her choice.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1BlackZ28
She's not that good looking (the chick)
Whatever dude.. You're certainly entitled to your opinion..
Old 12-02-2003, 10:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. No prolem using the magazine.. its the car in the mag and thats an accomplishment for the CAR not for me.. so it is part of its history.

2. Yes that is Sandy.. She is very nice, has a good job and likes domestic muscle cars.. sounds like a catch to me.

3. The car is her daily driver in the good weather months and then get stored away for the winter.

4. Few people are as **** as i am about keeping my playcar clean. But she seems to be doing ok.. Oh, an im sure my car dosent mine her touching him
Old 12-02-2003, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

That car amazes me every time I see it. Even more so now that a good-looking woman owns it...

Those red washers you used in the engine bay - it looks like some of them aren't flat washers. Are they trim washers? Where in the heck did you find aluminum trim washers? I've been looking to have some anodized washers made up and I've found plenty of aluminum flat washers, but no trim washers.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:58 PM
TECH Veteran

try here:

http://www.hillcofasteners.com/

Old 12-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Launching!

steve- how many miles did you put on her before she was sold?
Old 12-02-2003, 03:19 PM
Fiery Features Director

I think it is always hard watching something you worked so hard on fall into the hands of someone else (no matter who it is). If the car is a daily driver, it will never stay as clean as it did before. Remember, when it is something you create and put so much work into, you are going to be much more **** about it then the person who gets it that hasn't put up all the work and time. Just be happy that the car didn't go to some 16 old boy that wraps it around a pole the first week doing donuts in the parking lot. I think she will take care of it (atleast I hope so). Some people just don't have the same "love" for cars as others, especially when it is purchased and not built. Steve put a HUGE amount of effort, time, and skill into that car. I think Steve definately earns the credit for making that car what it is. However, she paid for the car and it is now hers to do with whatever she wants. I am sure she will put "her touch" into the car sooner or later. It may look better and it may look worse but that is her choice to make it the way she wants it. The magazine article is about the car so if she wants to show it, I would expect that much but if someone asks, I would hope that she wouldn't take the credit. Steve has a new project now and I am sure the king of bling will live on with this new creation. However, I am sure he realizes that when you sell something, you have to be prepared to face the consequences that some things may not turn out like you would hope. For being a daily driver, the car really doesn't look all that bad.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Just like my Formula, Levi bought it for his daily-driver and he does not race it. I told him that he doesn't even know what he is missing until will bolt up some slicks to it and hit the track. So, Steves car is no longer spotless, and mine is retired from racing. Oh well, the new owners enjoy them anyways!

(Hey Levi, buy some slicks and go race the Cannibal )
Old 12-02-2003, 08:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by willis 00
steve- how many miles did you put on her before she was sold?
24,000 hard driven miles.. anyone around here will tell you that I didnt baby it at all

These cars are meant to be hammered.. maybe thats why it always dynoed so good..

Yep its hard to see it go and not be as "perfect" as it was but thats life and as long as it brings the owner joy and they appreciate it then all is good.

Im having a blast with the new design work on the 69 but i miss having a car.. soon though.. soon
Old 12-03-2003, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Steve, ever get a chance to read my PM???

Bill

Quick Reply: Steve1969LS1 I found your old Camaro take a look