Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnS
I really like them, as well.

I think they're jealeous.
and prob mostly old like Vette Owners!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That's the best stripes I've ever seen on a Firehawk! Just enough to not notice, yet a closer look you see them! I'd done it to my Firehawk...if I'd thought about it! Good job, looks awesome!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like them a lot! That car is bad ***!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Wow I didnt think that this many people would like them. Im really starting to like them a lot now..More pictures will come..
Old 10-20-2009, 05:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Real nice job on those stripes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

...being a Black Firehawk owners myself - I say the stripes look great! Keep 'em.

The only hood I envy over the Firehawk is the WS6 hood with Black bird stripes. Your stripes bring the blackbird look to the Firehawk.

I might have to borrow your stripe idea for next year myself.

Are they custom made or did they come from a vendor on here??
Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Michael02hawk
...being a Black Firehawk owners myself - I say the stripes look great! Keep 'em.

The only hood I envy over the Firehawk is the WS6 hood with Black bird stripes. Your stripes bring the blackbird look to the Firehawk.

I might have to borrow your stripe idea for next year myself.

Are they custom made or did they come from a vendor on here??

They are not stickers..I painted them( the "firehawk" is a sticker)..Thats all me and Im only 20..Iv been painting sence I was 16...If you want to do it..its really easy...I hate stickers on cars I can help ya on how to paint it..or send enough pictures so you can have someone make it for u!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Launching!

I would love to know how you did it...my Hawk's hood is showing nothing but those spider web-like cracks in the gel coat, and I need to get it repainted. Maybe I'll have him do the stripes on mine too. I'm contemplating between that and ghost flames...but the stripes are just plain classier. I like yours...good idea.
Post a few close ups if you don't mind.
Thanks
Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shippershack
I would love to know how you did it...my Hawk's hood is showing nothing but those spider web-like cracks in the gel coat, and I need to get it repainted. Maybe I'll have him do the stripes on mine too. I'm contemplating between that and ghost flames...but the stripes are just plain classier. I like yours...good idea.
Post a few close ups if you don't mind.
Thanks
Please....no ghost flames!

BTW...those stripes look great!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Flames dont belong on a Hawk..really any F-body..

Stripes like what I did are really easy..just a lot of prep work, Something you could do.. Would be pick out a darker grey almost black and then do your stripe in that..kinda ghosty in a way..That was my first idea but I wanted it to go with the decals on the doors..
Old 10-21-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
They are not stickers..I painted them( the "firehawk" is a sticker)..Thats all me and Im only 20..Iv been painting sence I was 16...If you want to do it..its really easy...I hate stickers on cars I can help ya on how to paint it..or send enough pictures so you can have someone make it for u!
Damn this hole time I thought they where sticker's! Nice work for sure, so you know how to paint, huh! I noticed your located at the Lake of the Ozarks in Mo...I'm stationed at Whiteman, AFB not to far from you in between Sedalia and Warrensburg. We should meet up and you could help me paint my car, lol! I would imagine with the way your car looks that you can paint a whole car right???? Nice car bro I've always been a fan of the hawks!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
Damn this hole time I thought they where sticker's! Nice work for sure, so you know how to paint, huh! I noticed your located at the Lake of the Ozarks in Mo...I'm stationed at Whiteman, AFB not to far from you in between Sedalia and Warrensburg. We should meet up and you could help me paint my car, lol! I would imagine with the way your car looks that you can paint a whole car right???? Nice car bro I've always been a fan of the hawks!

My high school buddy was stationed at Whiteman until about 3 months ago and he is now it Texas but anyway. I painted the fenders, front bumper and hood off the car..I will do the rest of the car when I get time. Just waiting for that to come lol. Check out my albums and thats got some of my more fun stuff Iv painted recently...
Old 10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
My high school buddy was stationed at Whiteman until about 3 months ago and he is now it Texas but anyway. I painted the fenders, front bumper and hood off the car..I will do the rest of the car when I get time. Just waiting for that to come lol. Check out my albums and thats got some of my more fun stuff Iv painted recently...
How ironic is that, I've been down in texas at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls for the past 7 weeks, one more week to go until I come home. What's your buddies name, I may know him... I'll check out your pics...Take it easy and I'll stay in touch.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
How ironic is that, I've been down in texas at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls for the past 7 weeks, one more week to go until I come home. What's your buddies name, I may know him... I'll check out your pics...Take it easy and I'll stay in touch.

Riley Greear, I think hes 21 or 22. Drives a Silver GTP..Funny. Its been a few weeks since I talked to him..I think hes at the same place..
Old 10-21-2009, 11:11 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I love your car, but honestly, I'm not feelin the stripes. Sorry man. It just doesnt have the same effect as the blackbird stripes. To me, the WS6 hood has a clearly defined vertical lifted part where the nostrils are, and the firehawk hood doesnt so much. Its a smoother transition- which makes me like the hawk hood way better, but when you put the stripes on it like that, they just seem to lay flat at the base of the hood by the windshield. There at the front by the bumper, it looks ok, but the transition to them being flat (going from vertical to horizontal) is whats throwin me off when I look at those pics. Maybe its better in person Anyway, I really dig your car, and its a very nice clean lookin hawk for sure!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Old 10-22-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks great, not too much, these cars have a style that doesnt need too much in the graphic dept. at the moment i havn't a single application stuck on the body
Old 10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

I knew Id find someone that didnt like them lol..I think Ill keep them for a while. Its not like it would cost me really to redo the hood lol..It needs to be recleared now that the decals are on! Wish it would stop raining to get some good pictures.......................................... ......

Quick Reply: Painted Stripes on my Firehawk