Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of 6litretr's side splitters and canards

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front splitters look pretty good on certain cars and I can deal with the side splitters, but the canards just don't look good at all. Just my opinion though, all that matters is what you like. Maybe the canards would look better with some wider offset forged wheels or something.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Im sure lots of time went into it but its just......
Old 10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

you know what i wish someone do and perhaps if you wanted to spend the extra few hundred bux. take all the pieces to a shop and have them painted the same color as your car so they don't look like cheap plastic look that everyone is talking about.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Launching!

i think the front splitter looks great! and im guessing the canards are the parts that go vertical by the wheels, if so, i think that is what makes the front splitter finally look like its supposed to go there.

i dont like side splitters though on any car. way out of place to me.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all, this is just one product of many I made simply because someone else asked me to. Not one of those products I'd just think was a good idea all on my own. I wouldn't and didn't. Took a long time to get me to make them.

Then I made them. Had them on, was on the fence about them. Put the canards on, it was better, still on the fence. I finally bought into the internet bandwagon and had mine off for awhile. Holy crap that was a mistake IMHO. To me, off looks retarded now.

Our cars just look so tall without SOMETHING there. I hate GFX (for the most part, some I like: 1991-1992 Z28, 1993-2002 Trans-Am, RK Sport for LS1 Camaro) most I hate: ESPECIALLY the GFX from GMPP on 2010 Camaros.

I liked the ZR1 side splitters and shaped these to be IDENTICAL to them EXCEPT the canards are functional (mine actually block wind from hitting the tires).

In pictures is ALWAYS looks bad due the angles and the flash (the canards are color/texture matched to the splitters but flash makes the splitters look lighter than they are).

It is not a drag strip look, its a road race look and this particular set is made to look more road race inspired (functionality in materials over aesthetics).

I offer these in CF with grey canards (so they are IDENTICAL to the ZR1 car EXCEPT I use CF and aluminum instead of CF and plastic) as well for those who don't want the total race inspired functional look.

On Carlos' car these looked GREAT in person. His care is black so it all blends in like it is a wide body flare almost. The side splitters you don't even see from above (except at the very back) and from the sides it just make the car look finished because where the rocker rolls under, it comes out straight.

The visual effect is from the side the car looks even more lowered without loosing ANY ground clearance and from the front it looks wider and meaner.

In person, this things are a win win and I PROMISE YOU the car looks weird WITHOUT them afterwards.

On the internet, they look like garbage. Just angles and colors but it is what it is.

I haven't had anyone who has bought these not like them and all the reports they've had from shows (and some of them are coming home with first place trophies) is that people actually thought it was factory saying, "I didn't know Chevy did the ZR1 thing on these cars..." but literally not having anyone who has seen them in person feel anywhere close to the way people on the net feel about them.

Long story short, the world looks a lot better in real life than it does on the https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/www... Except for chicks. They usually always look better on here than in person
Old 10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

^ do you have any pics of the CF splitters?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hlaalu
^ do you have any pics of the CF splitters?
Not yet, but it isn't hard to imagine
Old 10-29-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

not feelin it at all
Old 10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
not feelin it at all
I am... Especially on Koke's car:

Old 10-29-2009, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

I can promise you I would not like these in person...despite your explanation.
It looks like both owners of the cars posted ran out of stuff to do with the cars and simply said F&%& i'll throw some plastic around the car.....sorry when it comes to cars.....less is more.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^that camaro is absolutely gorgeous
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

I agree that this looks horrible. That gold camaro ^^^ has entirely too much stuff done to it. There are a few mods that I like, but I think its was way over done.

It kind of reminds me of those cars that the owner decides to put chrome everywhere? Chrome around the door handles, the wheel wells, the tail lights, the wind sheild wipers etc etc... Its just too much. I like the clean/simple/agressive look.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Not yet, but it isn't hard to imagine
dude i'm so spoiled by the internet, i need pics for everything! lol

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I agree that this looks horrible. That gold camaro ^^^ has entirely too much stuff done to it. There are a few mods that I like, but I think its was way over done.

It kind of reminds me of those cars that the owner decides to put chrome everywhere? Chrome around the door handles, the wheel wells, the tail lights, the wind sheild wipers etc etc... Its just too much. I like the clean/simple/agressive look.
hmmm i disagree with you on this one, the gold camaro has a nice theme to it and i like the look a lot.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JunkyardZ
I can promise you I would not like these in person...despite your explanation.
It looks like both owners of the cars posted ran out of stuff to do with the cars and simply said F&%& i'll throw some plastic around the car.....sorry when it comes to cars.....less is more.
I disagree with that and if it was the case the appearance section would be one boring *** section (especially since there is already a wheel forum on here)...

I agree with the Foose method though which is probably more of what you meant... Nothing on the car should stick out, it should draw you in and then you realize all the little pieces that went in to making the whole.

I think Koke's car and Carlos' car achieve that. For those who aren't staring at the cookie cutter F-Bodies on here but are just out in the real world and see either of their cars go buy their eyes wouldn't go right to these pieces because their brains wouldn't automatically notice that something was different than other F-Bodies like us on here who notice is a 1998 has Ebony interior because we know the cars so well. Know what I mean?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not a fan of them. I think they clash too much with the long smooth lines that F-bodies already have. Sharp angles just look out of place IMO.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spartan7
I'm not a fan of them. I think they clash too much with the long smooth lines that F-bodies already have. Sharp angles just look out of place IMO.
For the most part, I'd have to agree...Like how a standard cowl hood looks like ***, but a Sunoco looks great.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ I actually dont like the sunoco cause its too narrow for the car..

I think I'm in the "it looks ok, but its not for me" crowd. I like the F-cars cause they are curvy. My favorite is probably the LT1 Formula. A lowered Formie with some fat tires looks MEAN! I like angles on 3rd gens, but not 4th gens...

If the car looks to "tall" then you need to lower that B**CH!! LOL!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gun4hire
^^ I actually dont like the sunoco cause its too narrow for the car..

I think I'm in the "it looks ok, but its not for me" crowd. I like the F-cars cause they are curvy. My favorite is probably the LT1 Formula. A lowered Formie with some fat tires looks MEAN! I like angles on 3rd gens, but not 4th gens...

If the car looks to "tall" then you need to lower that B**CH!! LOL!
Yea, I can see why it would look too narrow. I think thats why they also make the wide version. I think they look a little better.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry.. not feeling any of it at all.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Different, But I like it.

Quick Reply: Pics of 6litretr's side splitters and canards