Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Finally got the Hid's Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 03:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FBDYLVR
Can you guys post pics of the light pattern on a wall or a garage?

Originally Posted by SS DNA
Hey guys where is the cheapest place to get HID kits with slim ballasts ?

and should I go with a 35w or 55w kit ?
I got mine from hid king from ebay, and the kit still works great! I would go with a 35w kit as it runs cooler with of course, less draw on power.

-Justin
Old 11-21-2009, 05:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

looks great!

jus make sure you aim them right....
poorly aimed HIDs blind the hell out of everyone....
i will have my HIDs back eventually, theres jus bigger, better things on the list yet...
Old 11-21-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

^^^Pheers right, you need to make real sure you get the aim properly, otherwise it will blind people and they will flash you!

I have mine set a tad lower and in the years that I have been using HID's, I have only been flashed 1 time, and that was when I was just getting into HID Lighting!

-Justin
Old 11-21-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there maybe a guide on how to aim HID lights?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Is there maybe a guide on how to aim HID lights?
No guide that I know of, you just need to have your car like 30 feet from a wall and it should produce a beam pattern similar to the one I posted above. It should be two beams of light straight ahead, with a sharp cut-off on the top and bottom making a line.

There are many ways people adjust the lights, you just need to find the right one for you. If you think its too high, use the torx screw next to the light and adjust it down.

-Justin
Old 11-22-2009, 05:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i aimed mine, then had a friend drive in front of me on a clear night to see if they blinded that way... then head on for the same thing.... takes more time and effort, but HIDs arent worth it if your lights are pissing people off instead of just lookin damn good!

Originally Posted by White94Bird
They don't have them for my year model
they have a '93-'97 kit for the Euro Lights.... it's right above the '98+

Last edited by pheer; 11-22-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

I took and i backed about 15-20 feet away from my garage door and had the lights about eye level then lowered them about 2 feet or so .So i still get good lighting but i do not blind ppl.I actually am going to raise them back up a little tonight i think i may have got a little to low.

But so far i have not been flashed by anyone about my lights in around 2 weeks of having them .they are not that bad as ppl think when you aim them properly.Hell even halogen lights not aimed the right way can still blind oncoming traffic,i have been blinded more by them than any car with hid lights
Old 11-23-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Where did you get that third brake light?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

brake light came from ebay ,they are a few diff ppl on their that sells them the one i got was from a guy called proexhaust.I liked the design better of theirs than the others ones that was listed
Old 11-24-2009, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Glad to know you guys like everything! Another great place to get HID's is DDMtuning.com
Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

another vote for ddm ,that is where mine came from.The only downfall that i see with the hid kit is if you ever blow a bulb you cant just go pick up a spare at a auto parts store you have to order from the place i got my hids because of the wires connected to the light itself.

But that is no big deal as i am ordering some spares just to be safe
Old 11-25-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Can someone post pictures of how to wire them ?

I got my DDM Tuning kit today and it has extra cables and I hooked them up the most obvious way but they dont turn on
Old 11-26-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Addict

^Try reversing the wires. That worked for me when I installed some HIDs on my Silverado.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TooFastT/A

I got mine from hid king from ebay, and the kit still works great! I would go with a 35w kit as it runs cooler with of course, less draw on power.

-Justin
Meh.. Looks about stock for our horrible terrible nearly dangerously bad fbody lighting! One good thing is there appears to be no glare above the center hotspot.

The rules i found for aiming were to..

1. Park 25ft from a flat wall on a level surface.
2. Measure from the ground to the centerline of the headlight you are aiming. Note that.
3. Measure the separation between the same headlights (L/L H/H) and note those as well.
4. Turn on lights.
5. Now on the wall set the drivers side first. It should fire straight ahead not left/right any. The center of the beam should be 3" lower than the center of the light.
6. Now set the passenger side, set the Vertical first, then set the horizontal separation to match the headlight spacing on your car.

Now this is HID (inflates his own E-Ego. )
Lows Wall

Lows Street

Highs Wall.

Highs Street.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS DNA
Can someone post pictures of how to wire them ?

I got my DDM Tuning kit today and it has extra cables and I hooked them up the most obvious way but they dont turn on
Chevy in their brilliance has reversed the +/- wires in the headlight plugs.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nova5
Meh.. Looks about stock for our horrible terrible nearly dangerously bad fbody lighting! One good thing is there appears to be no glare above the center hotspot.

The rules i found for aiming were to..

1. Park 25ft from a flat wall on a level surface.
2. Measure from the ground to the centerline of the headlight you are aiming. Note that.
3. Measure the separation between the same headlights (L/L H/H) and note those as well.
4. Turn on lights.
5. Now on the wall set the drivers side first. It should fire straight ahead not left/right any. The center of the beam should be 3" lower than the center of the light.
6. Now set the passenger side, set the Vertical first, then set the horizontal separation to match the headlight spacing on your car.

Now this is HID (inflates his own E-Ego. )
Wow everybody....lets all listen up to the expert around here! Talk about ego, Plain and simply, everyone has an opinion...and well we all know the saying with that!
Your Z-28 Projector headlights compared to my '95 T/A headlights.....I think we all know that projectors are the "Proper" and better way....but hey, I'm happy with my results on my '98 T/A's headlights till I get Projectors! I don't blind people and haven't been flashed or pulled over once! Even talking with local cops around here and them saying that I'm fine with my lighting!

Now, you are right about how to properly aim the headlights, and your pics do look good....I will give you that!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TooFastT/A
Wow everybody....lets all listen up to the expert around here! Talk about ego, Plain and simply, everyone has an opinion...and well we all know the saying with that!
Your Z-28 Projector headlights compared to my '95 T/A headlights.....I think we all know that projectors are the "Proper" and better way....but hey, I'm happy with my results on my '98 T/A's headlights till I get Projectors! I don't blind people and haven't been flashed or pulled over once! Even talking with local cops around here and them saying that I'm fine with my lighting!

Now, you are right about how to properly aim the headlights, and your pics do look good....I will give you that!
Thats why i said it that way. If you can't poke fun at yourself who can you poke fun at?

Quick Reply: Finally got the Hid's Installed