Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

RKsport 5" performance spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SRZ
Original LG spoiler here but to newbies Freedom design. LG's were made w/a superior material vs the Freedom version. As for being too big or whatever it's all a matter of opinion. It's a functional wing whereas a SS isn't. Been down the autobahn w/ both rear spoilers and the SS scares me past 130, but the LG I've been clocked @ over 190mph by polizie and the car was more planted in the rear the faster I went.
Exactly, the SS spoiler is a aerodynamic nightmare. Have you ever heard a car hit a main straight on a road course? The thing whistles pretty damn loud. That's because it's creating vortices, and if you know anything about air crafts, you should know that vortices are not good.

The Freedom spoiler is a much better design aerodynamically. And IMO, they both look good, so in that case I would choose function over fashion.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slammed1500
lol
+1 and here comes the rice comments about my car
Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE
Says the guy with vette wheels...
Yea... I wasnt coming in here to start a fight. They were on it when i got it, but yea i like them. Especially when they are widened to 13"

But, what i meant was... theres no reason to be different.. JUST to be different.

If it looks good, do it.

Originally Posted by slammed1500
lol

Sorry I cant afford sweet wheels like you... NOT!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PUNISHER TA
Yea... I wasnt coming in here to start a fight. They were on it when i got it, but yea i like them. Especially when they are widened to 13"

But, what i meant was... theres no reason to be different.. JUST to be different.

If it looks good, do it.

Sorry I cant afford sweet wheels like you... NOT!

Neither was I, I just get tired of hearing that "If its not an SS hood or spoiler its crap" I think a lot of ideas get shot down before they have the oppertunity to become good ideas...

Last edited by McNord; 12-01-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I definitely would prefer the freedom design over the SS spoiler because of function. I do agree with the comments about having a hood to compliment it, like yours McNord! Now get it painted like your sig!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Teching In

I have the RK Spoiler and the Wide Sunoco Hood on my 2000 and I think it looks awesome... Car is red and the hood and spoiler and rear panel are black... (still trying to figure out how I want to paint the hood to incorporate black stripes)... Did see an RK on a car that had a stock hood and didnt think it looked as good... The hood makes it!... If i remember Ill try and get some Pics up of my car in the next couple of days....

Quick Reply: RKsport 5" performance spoiler