Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Black WS6 help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black WS6 help please

im trying to figure out how this will look when its complete. I have a Black on black 02 WS6 and i want to do red overlays for the front sides and back. But am also debating if red grills would look good on front and sides or if it will look stupid. i want the car to look clean still and dont want anything that will take away from the overall car. does anyone have any pics with this done? would love to see it prior to doing it. thanks and if you have other suggestions feel free to tell me. always looking for ideas. I will also be lowering and getting new wheels of course.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Launching!

Heres a member's car with red grills, front bird etc.. https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...-car-rims.html
The vents on the side and the hood grills look much better black. Red like any other "loud" color should be used sparingly as it tends to overpower the rest of the car.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

im gonna have to agree with bigtymer 100% on this one. i think the red grills/vents are a bit too much and begin to take away from the look of the car. i"m feeling 50/50 about the front bird. i think you'll be okay with the T/A overlays and pontiac fill-ins. if you really want to get a good idea of how different things are going to look on your car, the BEST thing to do is just go on cardomain.com and browse 98-02 trans ams. i've seen several black cars with the red theme, a couple that really pulled it off well.

like bigtymer said, loud colors should be used sparingly. with my camaro, i chose to use red as an accent color too, but i didnt want to do too much with it. i kept it really simple with just the calipers, completely red taillights, and the red side markers.subtle details, yet they still get the job done. i think if you try to do a mix of silver/charcoal and red accessories that could come out looking really good as well.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i looked at the pictures with the red grills it did tend to make me focus on them...i didnt mind the red trans am on the sides or front bird however. i will check out that site and see what ideas are there. thanks guys!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Don't do the little grilles anywhere. I think it makes the clean F-Body look like ****. I LOVE the front bird, side "Trans Am", and rear "Pontiac" colored with accent colors. I think that looks ****.

Quick Reply: Black WS6 help please