Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Emblempros.com is now offering hydrocoating

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to see what the cost would be to do my C5 wheels in carbon fiber...
Old 12-12-2009, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Is the tank big enough to fit a rear finish panel from a camaro? I was getting ready to buy some other stuff, but now I'm interested in this.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
We'd be glad to do it for you. Hopefully we will be up and running within 2 weeks. Love the new car, Rez.
Sounds good man! I'll shoot you a PM in a week or so with pics of what it is. Nothing really big, it's really the only removable part of the interior. I'll see if I can pull the gauge surrounds off too, if I can get those done I'll be psyched! I've been looking for a reputable place to do this for awhile (originally on the T/A). Thanks too!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 01wssick
Hoping you can do some designs like these, cause if so i'll be spending aloootttt of money. LOL

Yes we will be able to do those.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by musicman
Is the tank big enough to fit a rear finish panel from a camaro? I was getting ready to buy some other stuff, but now I'm interested in this.
Yes it is plenty large enough. We can even do larger peices.

Thanks, Roger
Old 12-12-2009, 12:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MeenZ28
I'd love to see what the cost would be to do my C5 wheels in carbon fiber...

We do not know final costs yet, but we absolutely can do wheels.

Thanks, Roger
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Best I have ever seen was a R1 or gixxer. cant remember which but it had all the panels and tank done and it was SICK.

How does this process stand up to heat?
Old 12-12-2009, 12:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
Best I have ever seen was a R1 or gixxer. cant remember which but it had all the panels and tank done and it was SICK.

How does this process stand up to heat?
It will stand up to heat just as well as your paint will, or the material it is placed on.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

aaww man, kinda wish i didnt see this cause im gonna be broke. hahaha
Old 12-12-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lid...

I had torch-red painted, carbon fiber fuel rail covers done a while back from another company. If I were to email you pics, could you possibly match my lid? If so, pm me with the email address I should send pics to.

Edit: Will send to email in your sig..
Old 12-12-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen! You can do just about anything in any shape?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
This is the coolest thing I have ever seen! You can do just about anything in any shape?
Absolutely!!

We do not know everything about this process yet, since we still have to go for the professional training. However, the answer is yes. The shape does not seem to be an issue.
We will be doing a lot of trials, and practice. We are looking to complete the training prior to Christmas. Then we will be a lot more knowledgable about specifics to the process.
A video does not capture the entire process, or all of the activites required. We know this is true since we talked to them on the phone.
We already have a list of specific questions we will get answers to, during the training.

Thanks, Roger
Old 12-12-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

cant wait i want to get alot of my interior done and engine parts how good does it do against heat
Old 12-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Absolutely!!

We do not know everything about this process yet, since we still have to go for the professional training. However, the answer is yes. The shape does not seem to be an issue.
We will be doing a lot of trials, and practice. We are looking to complete the training prior to Christmas. Then we will be a lot more knowledgable about specifics to the process.
A video does not capture the entire process, or all of the activites required. We know this is true since we talked to them on the phone.
We already have a list of specific questions we will get answers to, during the training.

Thanks, Roger
Need an intake manifold to take along to the training?

Can't wait until you guys get this up and running smoothly. The results it looks like you can achieve are nothing short of spectacular.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by droptopT/A
cant wait i want to get alot of my interior done and engine parts how good does it do against heat
There is the actual part you give us, the transfer, and then clear coat.
The heat resistance of the part will depend on the material the part is originally made from. The clear coat is the same that is already on your paint. Intakes and such are done this way, so I am thinking that is ok as well.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Need an intake manifold to take along to the training?

Can't wait until you guys get this up and running smoothly. The results it looks like you can achieve are nothing short of spectacular.
I do not know if we can bring our own parts or not. However, out of all the things we have brought to market, this one has us the most excited. The multiple uses of this process on things other than automotive are very cool.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know from experiance, that some of the Pieces will not be easy to do, The guy that has been doing mine has been in this business for 10+ years and still has a difficult time doing alot of odd shaped pieces, There will definately be learning curve and some spoilage, As far as heat goes, I have a set of Valve covers that have been done in Carbon Fiber, and are still going strong 6 years later.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd like to see some polished camaro Ac *****, ac vents for a reasonable price
Old 12-12-2009, 10:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
I know from experiance, that some of the Pieces will not be easy to do, The guy that has been doing mine has been in this business for 10+ years and still has a difficult time doing alot of odd shaped pieces, There will definately be learning curve and some spoilage, As far as heat goes, I have a set of Valve covers that have been done in Carbon Fiber, and are still going strong 6 years later.
The learning curve we had with the: industrial laser, the smaller laser we have in our shop, importing, and exporting files from one format to another, the etching process, working with new materials, etc...., is normal.
The learning curve is a part of learning new processes, and is expected. There are techniques for these things, and they will need to be taught, and learned. We also in our "price" have 100% support from this company for process questions.
As far as spoilage goes, any part can be reworked. Nothing ever gets damaged. We are very well prepared for this, and are comptetent to perfrom the process. We still get bad parts from the emblems we have been doing for 6 years now. We catch them here and save it for the scrap yard. We have taken as much as 600 pounds of scrap stainless to the scrap yard in the past.

ANY COMPANY that tells you, they have no scrap is simply lying!! I am a senior manufacturing engineer now for 6 years, and all companies have waste, bad parts, scrap, rework processes, etc.... it is a cost of doing business. There is a reason not everyone will take a financial risk.
However, rather than oursource something like this, that will cost you more money, we choose to do it ourselves. Which we are more than confident we can do. By paying the high cost of entry into this process up front, we are demonstrating our confidence to learn and perform these tasks. Outsourcing and not investing in equipment, is sometimes a way out for those not sure of themselves. We are building a long term business with many other products that will appear in the future.

You guys will be very impressed. Our ability to make this happen is not in question. It is most definetely happening. It has in fact aready started. I already have some "crotch rockets" coming over here for work to be done, as well as work on our own vehicles first. And those pictures will be posted.

Thanks, Roger.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 12-12-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

damnit....im going to have to get a second job to suport this stuff..thanks.....thanks alot hahaha

Quick Reply: Emblempros.com is now offering hydrocoating