Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Cobalt Autometer guage light not working?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cobalt Autometer guage light not working?

My trans temp guage light stopped working. The guage works but the light wont come back on. Any ideas? Its cobalt autometer gauge. Do they sell replacement bulbs for these LEDs? I saw some on the website but in the "ie comments my guage didnt fit" I am going to look at the wires leading to the guage tonight.
Thanks
replacement bulbs:
http://www.autometer.com/cat_accesso...l.aspx?vid=104
Old 12-18-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

looks like you answered your own question lol. that thing looks bright as hell, does it light up the whole inside at night?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hlaalu
looks like you answered your own question lol. that thing looks bright as hell, does it light up the whole inside at night?
Its just right lol I might had read your reply on similar question when I did a search before posting. I don't have the car now, but will this weekend. Something to fix. Just wanted to see if anyone had this problem it comes on now and then but more then haha
Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My fuel pressure gauge did the same thing (cobalt as well) and it ended up being a loose wire in the connector in the back of the gauge.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Ws6TransAm
My fuel pressure gauge did the same thing (cobalt as well) and it ended up being a loose wire in the connector in the back of the gauge.
Well i got the car back and the whole guage stopped working lol. Took the guage off and made sure all the wires were hooked up because the trans was rebuilt. Everything was good and the I check the wires leading to the guage to make sure they had power and they did put everything back together and pushed the wires througher into the guage and the guage is working but still no light damn it. I guess I will just have to buy a new guage. I am going to take it apart and look at it. Just need to figure out how to get it apart now. Thanks for all the help. Will get back with the out come.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Pewter TA
Well i got the car back and the whole guage stopped working lol. Took the guage off and made sure all the wires were hooked up because the trans was rebuilt. Everything was good and the I check the wires leading to the guage to make sure they had power and they did put everything back together and pushed the wires througher into the guage and the guage is working but still no light damn it. I guess I will just have to buy a new guage. I am going to take it apart and look at it. Just need to figure out how to get it apart now. Thanks for all the help. Will get back with the out come.
Before you take it apart, take the gauge out and just send power and ground straight to the gauges ground and power to the light's power input.

If it still doesn't work and you have to buy a new one I'll buy it off you (cheap though) because I've always wanted to take one apart to play with myself
Old 12-21-2009, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Before you take it apart, take the gauge out and just send power and ground straight to the gauges ground and power to the light's power input.

If it still doesn't work and you have to buy a new one I'll buy it off you (cheap though) because I've always wanted to take one apart to play with myself
I sent autometer an email asking what the return policy is.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

I checked the volts again and the light is only getting 7-8 volts while the power to the guage is getting 11.82 volts. It wired into the running parking lamps/head light switch. Maybe I should check that source directly with the volt meter. I am guessing maybe the connection it bad there.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:08 AM
12 Second Club

The light wire connection had split wide open causing it not to get the 12 volts, so tonight I am going to rewire it and it should be good to go.
Thanks for all the help. Never would had checked the volts without the suggestion thanks again.

Quick Reply: Cobalt Autometer guage light not working?