Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Oncoming traffic hates me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bravoboost
Thanks for your oppinions, thats why I posted. Perhaps I will adjust the aim a bit. LMAO

SIKE!!!

There are a **** load of trucks with the same kinds of lights. When they get behind me in tracffic, their lights consume my mirrors. Nothing I can do about it. If they can do it without tickets, so can I. I particularly love it when they flash me, and then I cut on my brights. HAHAH

If you dont like it, KICK ROCKS.

Did you ever think that the truck's lights consume your mirrors because they're physically higher than you? Your car is obviously lower, so they're normal level lights will be a bit blinding to you. You drive a somewhat sports car, that's something you gotta get used to.

That's no reason to be a complete dick bag and purposely point your lights high to blind other drivers.
I have HIDs and have never been flashed once cause i adjusted them down from the first day. If you're not gonna do it right and get projectors, at least don't be an *** and adjust them down. You'll still have miles better visibility than with stock lights and you wont blind anyone else.

Who knows, maybe you'll finally get it when someone with those kind of lights blinds you and you go off the road.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bravoboost
There are a **** load of trucks with the same kinds of lights. When they get behind me in tracffic, their lights consume my mirrors. Nothing I can do about it. If they can do it without tickets, so can I. I particularly love it when they flash me, and then I cut on my brights. HAHAH

Perhaps I will adjust the aim a bit. LMAO

SIKE!!![/
theres a lot of drunk drivers on the road too. many who never end up getting a ticket before they end up takng the lives of an entire family, so where's your logic? one trucker blinds you, so you get the same lights to blind more people? you seem to have a pretty immature mindset on this. seeing it as a joke that you're blinding people while they're driving. what an *******. great appearance mod.
-atleast the other people in this thread had the sense to point them where they wont effect everyone else.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xRelapse13

Did you ever think that the truck's lights consume your mirrors because they're physically higher than you? Your car is obviously lower, so they're normal level lights will be a bit blinding to you. You drive a somewhat sports car, that's something you gotta get used to.

That's no reason to be a complete dick bag and purposely point your lights high to blind other drivers.
I have HIDs and have never been flashed once cause i adjusted them down from the first day. If you're not gonna do it right and get projectors, at least don't be an *** and adjust them down. You'll still have miles better visibility than with stock lights and you wont blind anyone else.

Who knows, maybe you'll finally get it when someone with those kind of lights blinds you and you go off the road.

+1. truth. trucks will always suck for us because we are close to the ground. its why your rearview has a tint option.

also, why would u tint your windshield????? so you cant see **** at night? lol
Old 12-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Unbelievable, not a single ounce of consideration for anyone else on the road. Award for douche of the year? What a dick.

I never wish ill will on someone, but I truly hope you get what's coming to you in one way or another whether it be a ticket or somebody whooping your *** for being a huge dick, because if you're this much of a dick about headlights then you've got to be just as much one about everything else.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:13 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoR294
+1. truth. trucks will always suck for us because we are close to the ground. its why your rearview has a tint option.

also, why would u tint your windshield????? so you cant see **** at night? lol
tinting a windshield is not going to impair your visibility even so slightly.
I've had my windshield tinted for 2+ years on two different f-bodys and have never had a single problem seeing anything out the front window at night.

tint works with light and relection, not merely clear and black.

you can see through the side of the window with the least amount of light coming through at that direction, and with the most light at that direction(outside light) it will appear darker. that's why the tint is said to have a % of darkness, which is really a percent of how much light is allowed through the glass.

From the inside of my car looking through the windshield there is a slight, but barely noticeable clearer view without tint than with tint. Never have i had anyone notice that my front windshield was tinted at all when sitting inside the car.

now
Old 12-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Rockstar

I don't really understand why all you people get your panties in a wad all over somone else's non-factory HID's. Sure they may be bright, or unadjusted, or not even in a projector housing, but unless he's coming to your house at 3 in the morning and driving up to the front door and shining the highbeams through your mailslot while laughing "Take that you pretentious bastards!!", this is really unwarranted hate. Now, why is Dragonrage not here to hate on him yet?

Last edited by Johnny-LT1-runner; 12-25-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

kinda person I would turn around and would beat the the crap outta. Think its funny buring spots into my vision... no. biggest dick, tool, douche award of the year nominee goes to......

I hope someone beats the snot outta you, because you're asking for it.

Cool lights though
Old 12-25-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, lol.

Yeah it might be a dick move, but come on guys. It's not like you see a car with bright *** lights and all of a sudden OMGZ I CAN'T SEE, I AM GOING TO HAVE A SEIZURE AN LOSE CONTROL and then you swerve off the road?

No, it doesn't work like that. I get blinded by jackasses with bright lights all the time around here. Have I ever come close to swerving off the road? No. I'm not retarded, and I know how to maintain control of my car. The guy drives by, and I continue on with my life. It's a minor annoyance for three seconds, that's it. Don't stare directly at the lights and it's not really a problem.

Am I condoning this? No, not at all, I agree it's a dick move. I'm not gonna be a projector **** and flame anyone for putting HID's in halogen headlights, but at the same time I think if you go with HID's you should aim them down just so you won't **** anyone off and blind other drivers. Let's not lose sight of reality though.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
I don't really understand why all you people get your panties in a wad all over somone else's non-factory HID's. Sure they may be bright, or unadjusted, or not even in a projector housing, but unless he's coming to your house at 3 in the morning and driving up to the front door and shining the highbeams through your mailslot while laughing "Take that you pretentious bastards!!", this is really unwarranted hate. Now, why is Dragonrage not here to hate on him yet?
OH YES^^^
My windows are tinted too btw looks f*cking awesome, and no one can see ya! Whats even more amusing than my immature view points, are you guys immature responses. Talking about how you'd fight over this, blowing it out of proportion, creating elaborates stories of how you might crash violently because my lights blinding you.

The lights on trucks arent bright only because they sit higher. I know aftermarket lights when I see them. I dont wish death on them either or swear to fight them if i ever got the chance either. REALLY GUYS!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF WOMEN.

Last edited by bravoboost; 12-26-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whitdog54
kinda person I would turn around and would beat the the crap outta. Think its funny buring spots into my vision... no. biggest dick, tool, douche award of the year nominee goes to......

I hope someone beats the snot outta you, because you're asking for it.

Cool lights though
It only burns spots in your eyes because like a clown, you refuse to look away. Kinda light a child who cant stop from looking at the light produced from welding... LMAO
Old 12-26-2009, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SKZ28
Damn, lol.

Yeah it might be a dick move, but come on guys. It's not like you see a car with bright *** lights and all of a sudden OMGZ I CAN'T SEE, I AM GOING TO HAVE A SEIZURE AN LOSE CONTROL and then you swerve off the road?
No, it doesn't work like that. I get blinded by jackasses with bright lights all the time around here. Have I ever come close to swerving off the road? No. I'm not retarded, and I know how to maintain control of my car. The guy drives by, and I continue on with my life. It's a minor annoyance for three seconds, that's it. Don't stare directly at the lights and it's not really a problem.
Am I condoning this? No, not at all, I agree it's a dick move. I'm not gonna be a projector **** and flame anyone for putting HID's in halogen headlights, but at the same time I think if you go with HID's you should aim them down just so you won't **** anyone off and blind other drivers. Let's not lose sight of reality though.
+1000000 haha
Old 12-26-2009, 04:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope some other D-bag with a similar setup drives past you, you ***** blind each other, and smash head on.

Good luck. and wear your seat belt. or not....
Old 12-26-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the reason they are giving you such a hard time is that you seem to revel in the fact that your blinding on coming drivers.....thats the douche bag part of it. If you had just posted about upgrading to HIDs and not bragged about your ability to blind on coming traffic then none of this would have been said.

BTW, lifted F350+8000K 55W HID bright/lows and fogs+towing a trailer=I bet I can make you squint first!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
I think the reason they are giving you such a hard time is that you seem to revel in the fact that your blinding on coming drivers.....thats the douche bag part of it. If you had just posted about upgrading to HIDs and not bragged about your ability to blind on coming traffic then none of this would have been said.

BTW, lifted F350+8000K 55W HID bright/lows and fogs+towing a trailer=I bet I can make you squint first!!!
I agree that that's 100 percent the reason everyone is hating. Truth be told I don’t even drive around with my brights on. If anyone would care to actually read what I wrote, I made a reference to how people quit flashing me one I cut on "MY BRIGHTS" inferring they are off to begin with. My choosing of the title was only an attempt at sum dry humor. I guess most took it literally. I don’t revelin blinding others. It’s more like, I enjoy a competitive joust with others with after market lights. No more no less!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Veteran

i cant believe how many times the word dick was written in here....
Old 12-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
i cant believe how many times the word dick was written in here....
"Dick" is the new "gay" of insults.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
"Dick" is the new "gay" of insults.
halarious
Old 12-27-2009, 09:48 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

What I'm missing is putting HID's in the high beam housing. HID's take a few seconds to get up to temp, and with as often as I flip back and forth, it doesn't make sense to have HID's in the high beam housing. Both of my Saab's have factory HID's in projectors, which make driving so much better at night, and when you flip to high beam, it leaves on the low beam because if you turn off the HID, as stated earlier, it then takes some time, 5-7 seconds, to regain the intensity and clarity.

I also don't understand the high color range. I think blue headlights look rediculous and blue hues actually hurt your ability to see at night because it causes your retina to close, letting in less light and hurting your night vision.

Do what you want, but I think it would have been better for you to keep your stock lights over what you did. It's a downgrade in purpose and function.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
What I'm missing is putting HID's in the high beam housing. HID's take a few seconds to get up to temp, and with as often as I flip back and forth, it doesn't make sense to have HID's in the high beam housing. Both of my Saab's have factory HID's in projectors, which make driving so much better at night, and when you flip to high beam, it leaves on the low beam because if you turn off the HID, as stated earlier, it then takes some time, 5-7 seconds, to regain the intensity and clarity.

I also don't understand the high color range. I think blue headlights look rediculous and blue hues actually hurt your ability to see at night because it causes your retina to close, letting in less light and hurting your night vision.

Do what you want, but I think it would have been better for you to keep your stock lights over what you did. It's a downgrade in purpose and function.
I love the way my lights look. Any brighter would result in tickets. Like I said before I dont drive around with the brights on. Ill post a pic later of just the lows. Either way, to each his own. These light out perform the stockers by far!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

looks like ****.

Quick Reply: Oncoming traffic hates me!