Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Oncoming traffic hates me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
You need to aim those down before you make somebody swerve off the road. That's a douche' card if you ask me.
i agree.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:12 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bravoboost
I love the way my lights look. Any brighter would result in tickets. Like I said before I dont drive around with the brights on. Ill post a pic later of just the lows. Either way, to each his own. These light out perform the stockers by far!
They look brighter because they are blue'ish, which causes your retena to contract due to the hue. So in reality, your eye is getting less light in because it is closing due to the color of the light, hence the 'blinding' light term. Ever notice you don't have to squint at yellow or red lights?

I'm just saying, you would have been better served going with a 5000 kelvin temperature light, but then it wouldn't have looked cool.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the only real thing I enjoyed about this thread other than the nice light setup is learning that the word "dick" is the new "gay". Too funny.

Btw, too much hate and harshness in this thread. I agree I don't think it's appropriate but he did state IF the oncoming person had his brights on and didn't dim them he would use his. Makes sense in a way.

But for the OP,or any one else that can answer bc I too have 10k's that are pointed right. How could the bulbs warm up fast enough to light check anyone? Or are certain setups better than the others? I realize most of us buy the eBay hid's and they take a few seconds to brighten up
Old 12-27-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
They look brighter because they are blue'ish, which causes your retena to contract due to the hue. So in reality, your eye is getting less light in because it is closing due to the color of the light, hence the 'blinding' light term. Ever notice you don't have to squint at yellow or red lights?

I'm just saying, you would have been better served going with a 5000 kelvin temperature light, but then it wouldn't have looked cool.
This makes sense. And I didn't learn this til after I got my 10k's. But even then I can see so much better with these than I can with stock light setup. Mine don't glare tho as I made sure to point them down enough, but honestly I need to raise them a bit to get a little more distance out of them.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

I agree
Old 12-27-2009, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

yes the brights do take a few seconds to get to full tilt, but the intitial hit is still more than enough to make my point. Especially if they happen to be going my same direction and flash me from behind. I will get behind them and ruin their day!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like them, they look sick! I usually get annoyed at people with bright lights, but I have tint so it doesn't really bother my vision anyways.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

thanks FCCS
Old 12-28-2009, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

bingo.. it cracks me up when people get 8k/10k/12k ebay HID kits and think they see better because they are blue
Old 12-28-2009, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

i luv my lights oh and she goes good too

Last edited by bravoboost; 12-30-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^just checked your cardomain page out. I gotta say i love the GTO man, and everything you've done with it. i'm still not a fan of the bright *** lights, but i wont let that take away from my opinion of your car.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
^just checked your cardomain page out. I gotta say i love the GTO man, and everything you've done with it. i'm still not a fan of the bright *** lights, but i wont let that take away from my opinion of your car.

Thanks alot boss .....I appreciate it alot among all the hating in this thread!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Lights do look cool!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:54 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I really like your car as well. Hell, who doesn't like a twin turbo'd GM ls vehicle. I even like that you put in HID's, but if it were me, I'd swap out the blue lights for something like a 5000k temperature bulb.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 12-29-2009 at 07:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Oncoming traffic hates me!