Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Post Pics of LS1 Camaros With Front Splitters (T/As Are Welcome Too)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Cool to have an official thread to see them all (over 100 out there)...

Here's mine of course...

Now in the very top pic here,,, the splitter actually looks pretty dam good IMO It almost looks even with the front nose of the car and doesnt look like it sticks out 3 or 4 inches like in some of the other pics that have been posted!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE
Hey Chaman and Barnat..... at first I was a bit skeptical too.........

...but now that it's on, i'm in love! and when Mark (6LE) took his off to bevel it, his car looked almost naked. I think it truly enhances the look of the car. It think it's one of those things you need to see in person. I absolutely LOVE my car with it on.
i fell the EXACT same way. everytime i look at the front end of my car i think, something is missing. and i tell myself i NEED to get it back on asap. i just keep putting off the trip to the store to get the couple screws i need.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by barnat
Yea,,,Maybe your right? I was just thinking what it would look like on my 02 35th LE which really dosnt have any black on it to set off this splitter thing off .Maybe painted to match my all red SS wouldnt look that bad ? Doesnt look that bad on the darker F bodys IMO
Honestly, painted red would probably look pretty horrible. I've seen a silver GTO with a splitter painted silver and it looked

The plain plastic look is more of a racey look, for the finished painted look just hold out for our Dick Harrell style bumper. Basically a Camaro bumper with an integrated lip...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by barnat
Now in the very top pic here,,, the splitter actually looks pretty dam good IMO It almost looks even with the front nose of the car and doesnt look like it sticks out 3 or 4 inches like in some of the other pics that have been posted!
Don't forget, they are adjustable Some people stick them way out, others recess them. All the owner's personal taste
Old 01-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i fell the EXACT same way. everytime i look at the front end of my car i think, something is missing. and i tell myself i NEED to get it back on asap. i just keep putting off the trip to the store to get the couple screws i need.
What screws do you need?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 AM
TECH Veteran

What screws do you need?
sent you a pm
Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think the splitter being painted gloss black would make it look pretty good. I'm pretty sure if I do end up getting one, then that's the route I will take since all of the black on my car is gloss, so I think it'd flow it it. But it being a body color, like red or silver, would probably look disgusting. Keep up the pics guys, I want to see this thread become a mega-thread!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't forget, they are adjustable Some people stick them way out, others recess them. All the owner's personal taste
See,,,I didnt know that 6 LITEREATER? I like that one pic you posted of your ride where its almost even with the front of the nose !I think it actually looks bad *** on your car like that. I definatly didnt like the look when its really out past the nose
Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

There has to be some similar car here with a splitter plus good pics...I mean, right? LOL!!

Thanks for the comments about my car Sommer....I LOVE your model, not talking about the car either....LOL!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:52 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's mine. Not silver, but pewter is close.

Here it was extended all the way out, because to pull it back, I needed to trim some of the edges and this was the first fitment.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested to see it on a white LS1 SS .... hmmm
Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keep posting up guys. Still waiting on someone with a silver SS
Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by egott_91
Keep posting up guys. Still waiting on someone with a silver SS
Why not be the first
Old 01-20-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Why not be the first
i concur
Old 01-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Why not be the first
Chris would be the VERY first as he has splitter number 2 (or did, he replaced it for an ABS version, first one was HDPE).

Silver SS with splitter and now canards, side splitter, etc... SIK02SS is his SN but I'm not sure how much he's on here anymore.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

anyone actually feeling an difference in front down force with these on....at say.....over highway speeds.... I'm kinda digging em but if it doesn't do anything other then looks then it can wait....
Old 01-20-2010, 02:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by baalic
anyone actually feeling an difference in front down force with these on....at say.....over highway speeds.... I'm kinda digging em but if it doesn't do anything other then looks then it can wait....
Honestly, even my WIFE noticed a difference driving her car (GTO) with my splitter at highway speeds and I never even told her about it. She was like, "Why does my car feel more stuck to the road now?"

Anyways, for a more TESTABLE statement check out High Performance Pontiac. They did a road test with one and confirmed it helps
Old 01-20-2010, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly, even my WIFE noticed a difference driving her car (GTO) with my splitter at highway speeds and I never even told her about it. She was like, "Why does my car feel more stuck to the road now?"

Anyways, for a more TESTABLE statement check out High Performance Pontiac. They did a road test with one and confirmed it helps
cool thanks for the info....then maybe I will invest in one of these soon.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 AM
TECH Veteran

i've probably been to around 90 with it (not too high, i know. but i dont drag and i grew out of driving unnecessarily fast on the road) and i didnt' really feel any huge difference.

But, at the time i first got it, it wasn't being driving at all except for little drives in the city, so by the time i had it out on the highway it had already been on for weeks, so i was already used to having it on there, so, not the best situation for a real before/after feel of it.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes it is a lot more stable. and it helps a lot with cooling, i saw a drop of around 15-20 degrees on the highway

Quick Reply: Post Pics of LS1 Camaros With Front Splitters (T/As Are Welcome Too)