Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Hate rear seat deletes? You wont anymore

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KWS6TA
I'm actually more interested in the double din bezel in the third picture. I like the fact that the opening matches the one for the HVAC controls below it. Any more info?
lol, its actually the stock bezel, it just happened to fit the screen pretty good and worked more like a trim ring, i hacked up a metra double din installation kit for mounting brackets and trimmed a little off the inside of the dash to get it to fit, I didnt even modify the stock bezel, 6litereater just came out with some pretty nice vinyl wrapped custom bezels.

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
How much weight does it save by just taking everything out? I don't give a **** what it looks like lol
I didnt weigh it, but if I had to guess, between the seats and belts and stuff, probably 40-50 lbs.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 837 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by uphigh07
that looks amazing can you get us some more pictures posted!
Good good but I don't care for the nose.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

That looks great!! If only i had the patience. Nice job bro,very nice!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
lol, its actually the stock bezel, it just happened to fit the screen pretty good and worked more like a trim ring, i hacked up a metra double din installation kit for mounting brackets and trimmed a little off the inside of the dash to get it to fit, I didnt even modify the stock bezel, 6litereater just came out with some pretty nice vinyl wrapped custom bezels.
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on 6litereaters offerings but I think it's amazing that you're saying a double din is working with the stock bezel. Did you just get lucky with the particular unit you got or what?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on 6litereaters offerings but I think it's amazing that you're saying a double din is working with the stock bezel. Did you just get lucky with the particular unit you got or what?
Well the bezels themselves I think are a 1.5 din. the whole radio doesnt fit in the opening, it just happened that the height of the screen was the same as the opening of the bezel, It covers the front aux input jack but I dont care because it has hookups in the rear for just about anything else you would want. I have a thread in here somewhere where I went into a little bit more detail. Ill see if I can find it.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

I'm actually more interested in the double din bezel in the third picture. I like the fact that the opening matches the one for the HVAC controls below it. Any more info?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...n-install.html
Old 02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, I see what you did now. Works good with the HU you have.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
hmmm looks like it would be heavy. isn't the point of a seat delete to shed weight? good workmanship though, and if you don't care about weight its a good idea.

btw i have camel interior in my ss. not really a huge fan of i though.

i agree with brian isnt that the point of rear seat deletes ....but at least the workmanship is clean and well thought
Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

I think some people just want to better utilize the space as well.

Quick Reply: Hate rear seat deletes? You wont anymore