Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd like it if it wasnt so ugly! i like that the window opens though. The CF is ok too i'd rather see the car painted all black with CF accents maybe? not an entire CF car if thats what your going for
Old 02-01-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Doesn't flow with the lines of the car at all, and the line of where the new 'hatch' meets the rest of the hatch makes it worse. I don't dig it.
what i wanna see
Old 02-01-2010, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
what is the point of your car?
LOL the point it to make it how he likes it, not how you like it!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^i get that...but MOST times ppl have a reason for doing things to their car. jw.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Ive always thought the sportback was unique... never ugly. On an all black car it looks good.
Some people prefer popped collars...tying a sweater around their waist..and spending $120 on hair products a month...some dont.
I had Rytek Projektz PIAA headlights on my 93 Z28 10-12 years ago. No one liked it....... except everyone that saw it in person.
Looks different and I like it

Last edited by veddersbetter; 02-01-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

looking good, it will look even better without the 2 wings.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

now that i've looked at your car a little more i really like it. the comments in here just goes to show you how biased LS1tech is. I love the wheels, the CF looks great on your car, I like all the modernization, and in the end because all the black blends in so well the hatch doesn't look so bad. the main thing i love is that you can pull that back window down. that's worth it all. It would look terrible on a colored car like red or pewter though. the breaks are sick

props for making a unique 4th gen, its rare to find stuff like that here. usually everyone is just a carbon copy. like everyone needs an SS wing or SS hood, only some kinds of grills, and only particular stripes. I have my RS wing and people hate on that wing all the time in the forums, but I love it! Dare to be different, don't listen to the highschoolers! if it looks good to you and others you care about then that's all that matters.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a thin line between UNIQUE and RICER, you are treading on it.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
There's a thin line between UNIQUE and RETARDED, you are treading on it.
fixed.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:23 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
now that i've looked at your car a little more i really like it. the comments in here just goes to show you how biased LS1tech is. I love the wheels, the CF looks great on your car, I like all the modernization, and in the end because all the black blends in so well the hatch doesn't look so bad. the main thing i love is that you can pull that back window down. that's worth it all. It would look terrible on a colored car like red or pewter though. the breaks are sick

props for making a unique 4th gen, its rare to find stuff like that here. usually everyone is just a carbon copy. like everyone needs an SS wing or SS hood, only some kinds of grills, and only particular stripes. I have my RS wing and people hate on that wing all the time in the forums, but I love it! Dare to be different, don't listen to the highschoolers! if it looks good to you and others you care about then that's all that matters.
I'm not biased and haven't been to high school in almost a decade and it still looks bad. SS hoods and wings look good, that's just how it goes. RS wing in nice, but the rest

You know what they say, opinions are like ********. It just so happens that the majority of ******** know this thing is ugly.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

details on the carbon parts? Where you got them, how much they cost... etc? The carbon looks great, meh about the hatch, but I've seen worse.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also have the RK sportback, and i also LOVE it. The best thing about it IMO is being able to remove the back glass. But it is probably a 1oth the weight of the factory hatch. I mean it i carried it up 3 flights of stairs into my apartment. Couldnt even carry the factory glass from the car into my garage. But i didnt do it for weight savings, i did it becuase i like the uniqueness, the rarity, and the open air feel. I also like the way it looks. Mine is molded on, so the line where the two peices meet, you know, what everyone seems to be pointing out, isn't there at all. Heres a few pics. Ill have more soon but ill start my pwn thread. Im also going to paint everything between the sails and around the window black.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98NBM1
i'd like it if it wasnt so ugly! i like that the window opens though. The CF is ok too i'd rather see the car painted all black with CF accents maybe? not an entire CF car if thats what your going for
heres one form G13 ATL

Old 02-01-2010, 03:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^i dont think it looks bad from the back. it just looks like somethings missing when you look at it from the side.
both of you guys who posted the cars in the last 2 posts, the white bird, and black camaro posted up only pics
from the back. any side shots?

you know, like when you try to take a picture of someone, and they turn so you get their "good side,"
i think thats what happening here

on a side note, the RKSport CME just doesnt look right to me. it flares out too much. and i wont get into the lights...
other than that, that black paint is totally drool worthy. makes me appreciate my car a bit more

Originally Posted by z34_nut
details on the carbon parts? Where you got them, how much they cost... etc? The
carbon looks great, meh about the hatch, but I've seen worse.
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/frpbodyk...dkw=&_osacat=0

Last edited by crimson_bird; 07-29-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks Crimson. I have been looking the body kits on Trans am and Camars..Finally, I got
Old 02-01-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont mind it. I HATE your wheels though! But it's your car, not mine.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I like it!!
It would be cool for a show car with a back seat and trunk audio system and if the part that covers the back seat was transparent.

What's the install process?

Last edited by bad_408_vert; 02-01-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

1. My main concern was never to be the lightest camaro or biggest weight reduction ...
2. I never built this car for anyone but me
3. I'm not asking if I should remove it or paint over the CF I won't

I made this thread to make a point. And to not litter other threads about my car.
I'm far from stock unlike most of you guys and that's fine. I tailor all my cars/trucks/bikes to my likes. I will continue to mod all of them (my bike will soon be all CF also). imma
man of action I do more then talk. And if I buy the 5th gen I'll destroy that one also after all there just toys

anyway .... Back to the flames !!!

P.S.
I think imma do my interior in full CF also and I have 8kH.I.D.s (4k5k&6k all giver better light)
Old 02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Iyyob
I'm far from stock unlike most of you guys and that's fine.
What else do you have done to your car? Just curious.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
^i dont think it looks bad from the back. it just looks like somethings missing when you look at it from the side.
both of you guys who posted the cars in the last 2 posts, the white bird, and black camaro posted up only pics
from the back. any side shots?

you know, like when you try to take a picture of someone, and they turn so you get their "good side,"
i think thats what happening here

on a side note, the RKSport CME just doesnt look right to me. it flares out too much. and i wont get into the lights...
other than that, that black paint is totally drool worthy. makes me appreciate my car a bit more

WELL, i didnt want to post my side pic becuase i only have one and its not very flattering. The fender is just hanging on, and it has mismatched rims becuase i was working on it, and i had to roll it out of the garage for a few hours so i just threw it together ok? LOL

Quick Reply: I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away