Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the hell tails are those? SICK!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ebay lights I kinda like them too on a black car.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like it
Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thnk it would flow alot more on a tho. But i do think it looks ok.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

I like it. Was one of those things I wanted to do before I bought my Z28. Ended up buying a convertible so never could do it but I still love the look.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not bad, I wouldn't do it. The reason everyone ends up with a ss hood or spoiler and cookie cutter cars is cause its what generally looks best to the largest group of people. If you saw something that looks good and is popular, and something that doesn't look good and is unpopular, which would you choose? Most people think a tried and true set of wheels, ss hood spoiler, etc, look the best.Thats why 95% of the f bodies look the same. The few who dare to be different Or have different tastes, are just that, FEW.

Just be happy he's not putting stick on vents and chrome autozone accessories....
It's not for me, cause I'm like the 95% that like the norm... (I do like slammed1500's car tho) but hats off for being different.

But the tails on the black Camaro are by far the worst thing ever. Lol.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

How much does your Camaro weigh with the new CF stuff?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Teching In

From the back, I'll be honest and say it's not to my taste.
But the one side view shot of it actually looks pretty awesome, it adds an interesting flow from the side.

One person made a comment saying that we don't modify our cars for ourselves but for the opinions of others... That is complete bullshit.

I have begun modifying my Firebird for myself. When I walk outside every morning and see my car, I want to look at it, smile to myself, and be proud of my car.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Signorelli
From the back, I'll be honest and say it's not to my taste.
But the one side view shot of it actually looks pretty awesome, it adds an interesting flow from the side.

One person made a comment saying that we don't modify our cars for ourselves but for the opinions of others... That is complete bullshit.

I have begun modifying my Firebird for myself. When I walk outside every morning and see my car, I want to look at it, smile to myself, and be proud of my car.
Agreed. I want my car to look good TO ME and I couldn't care less how someone else thinks it looks. There are plenty of people out there like us. I do agree with a previous post that there are some things that just look good to everyone, "tried and true," but breaking the mold is what makes a car unforgettable. I saw a new Challenger a couple of weeks ago that had a Plymouth Cuda theme, I mean grille, body panels, shaker hood, and billboards, I'll never forget that because it was different (and Cuda's are my favorite car). The point is, every time I see another LS1tech clone, I look for the differences, not the likeness. I still don't like big shiny wheels, or some of the really Japanese looking parts younger guys seem to love, but I do want my car to stand out in a good way.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Regular

ive always been interested in these even more so now.....maybe once the money is right
Old 08-10-2012, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

I could see doing that hatch on the firebird combined with my CRAZY body mod, new rear end design for 98+ birds. see attached concept sketches.
Attached Thumbnails I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away-rear-best-angle.jpg   I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away-concept-sketch.jpg   I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away-alt-view.jpg   I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away-section.jpg  
Old 11-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well from the 1st time I seen these in RKSport book, I hated them. Seeing it on this car changed my mind and I actually like it. As for all the negative comments I'm positive everybody who see's their cars just love them and all mods are perfect and their wheels are outstanding. Also when people are building cars Im sure you take it in the garage and when it comes out its completed head to toe(yeah right)* 1 more thing, being that dudes car is black I think the no gas door gives it a mean look. That's originality, not one of the 10 million cars rockin tt2's**

Quick Reply: I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away