Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

those of you scared of windsheild tint, here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thatll suck when you go to get it inspected and the pull off the old sticker and see the tint
Old 02-04-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr00Bird
LOL!!!! At least that's what they tell you.. Sucker born every second..
^they know me. i've been going there for 4 years now. they've done my camaro twice, and also my T/A's windows, and have gotten them like 10 custmoers (friends, mom, girlfriend, brother...). when i did get a fix-it ticket for my camaro, i took it off myself. and then went back to them a few weeks later to get it redone.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As for finding shops to do it, a lot more than you think will.. I mean, after you get a ticket, who are you going to take it to to get stripped and re-tinted?! .. Durrrr
I thought the same thing until I had that happen to me & the guy didn't remember me, but he DID honor it several years later when it started to peal. Since then I have taken everything to him & never had a problem. Like stated before I have never gotten a recipt & always payed in cash.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scj
looks like you ran over someone and drove around dragging them. lol
shhhhh
Old 02-05-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigj2717
Thatll suck when you go to get it inspected and the pull off the old sticker and see the tint
That's what I've been wondering about... What do ya'll do about the registration and inspection sticker?...
Old 02-05-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here in north carolina we dont have inspection stickers anymore they just go by your sticker on your tag and you can tint everything on your car except the front windshield and here or atleast the times i have gotten pulled over they always check my front windshield for anything thats not suppose to be on there so the ones that have it on there and police hasnt anything start knockin on wood then
Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

My trans am is blacked out with 5% all the way around with a massive strip that covers half the windshield and it doesn't bother me to drive at night, but it gets old have to dodge the cops to avoid tickets. I'm getting ready to lighten my front side windows in my dodge truck to 35% and do the whole windshield in 35% too to keep it darker. Got a ticket in it the other day, this one cop drives around our town all day looking to right window tint tickets
Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's 20% from the inside

Name:  SS2010039c.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  72.5 KB

and from the outside showing the 5% on the sides as well.

Name:  SS2010001c.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  109.3 KB

Night time visibility is fine from the fronts but a little tough from the sides.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

^That whole car shot is sick!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Teching In

although i do think windshield tint looks very boss, I think it may be a little tricky at nightime.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Just picked up mine from Bentonville Glass Inc. Had 20% on the sides and 15% on the rear. Legal here is 30% on the sides and 15% on the rear.
There's some ghosting by the dot matrix, hopes it smooths out, if not I'll take it back in 2 weeks.
The 20% looks pretty dark from the outside, but i can see fine out of it.
I chose not do get the windshield tinted.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

It looks like osoSS painted his glass haha
damn that is dark
Old 02-05-2010, 11:47 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bigj2717
nah, i've already had to replace both my registration and inspection sticker, and i just cut around it with a razor and installed the new one. looks fine.

i don't let the people that do the inspection put the sticker on.

As for finding shops to do it, a lot more than you think will.. I mean, after you get a ticket, who are you going to take it to to get stripped and re-tinted?! .. Durrrr
agreed. it's really not that big of a deal though.

Originally Posted by *98TransAm*
some shops make you sign a waiver..
wow, that's redic.

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
like mentioned above, alot of the tints on side windows are illegal as well, so if the shop will do that, they'll probably do the windshield.

the shop that does my windows will do it all, but you have to pay cash, you get no receipt, and they tell you if you get pulled over for it, not to say you got it done there. you still get lifetime warranty and all, just no paper trace, so they dont get into trouble
exactly this, cash with no receipt and if you get a pulled over they tell you not to mention their name.

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE
I thought the same thing until I had that happen to me & the guy didn't remember me, but he DID honor it several years later when it started to peal. Since then I have taken everything to him & never had a problem. Like stated before I have never gotten a recipt & always payed in cash.
word
Originally Posted by ec_nova
shhhhh
hahaha!
Originally Posted by RickyMartinZ28
That's what I've been wondering about... What do ya'll do about the registration and inspection sticker?...
like previously stated. i just cut around them and peel off the old sticker with a razor and install the new one where i cut out. looks fine.
Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
here in north carolina we dont have inspection stickers anymore they just go by your sticker on your tag and you can tint everything on your car except the front windshield and here or atleast the times i have gotten pulled over they always check my front windshield for anything thats not suppose to be on there so the ones that have it on there and police hasnt anything start knockin on wood then
yeah, i've been pulled over twice with the tint, and never gotten in trouble for it. that's not what i got pulled over for though.

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
My trans am is blacked out with 5% all the way around with a massive strip that covers half the windshield and it doesn't bother me to drive at night, but it gets old have to dodge the cops to avoid tickets. I'm getting ready to lighten my front side windows in my dodge truck to 35% and do the whole windshield in 35% too to keep it darker. Got a ticket in it the other day, this one cop drives around our town all day looking to right window tint tickets
some cops just have nothing better to worry about. go bust drug dealers, and serious stuff. quit worrying about tinted windows, ****!
Originally Posted by Oso SS
Here's 20% from the inside

and from the outside showing the 5% on the sides as well.

Night time visibility is fine from the fronts but a little tough from the sides.
yea i bet that **** is tough to see out of on the sides. looks good though!

here's an outside shot of my car
Name:  1ad108dd.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  132.9 KB that's 35% windshield, 5% t-tops and hatch and 20% sides.

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
^That whole car shot is sick!
agreed.
Originally Posted by Bowhunter415
although i do think windshield tint looks very boss, I think it may be a little tricky at nightime.
it really makes no noticeable difference to me at night time, after all you have head lights that light up the road.
Originally Posted by fucter
Just picked up mine from Bentonville Glass Inc. Had 20% on the sides and 15% on the rear. Legal here is 30% on the sides and 15% on the rear.
There's some ghosting by the dot matrix, hopes it smooths out, if not I'll take it back in 2 weeks.
The 20% looks pretty dark from the outside, but i can see fine out of it.
I chose not do get the windshield tinted.
nice.
Originally Posted by dabest09
It looks like osoSS painted his glass haha
damn that is dark
yea, that's dark.. i'm sure it's nice though.

i was at a car show once, and this lexus with a badass custom audio set up and fabbed up custom dash had 5% on the front windshield, double five on the back glass, and 5% over 15% on the sides. it was crazy good looking talk about painted glass.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Oso SS

That is effing awesome!

I run 5% on my fronts on the truck and 18% over factory 18% out back (2-3ish % overall). Visibility is not an issue whatsoever, except when the inside of the car fogs up. 20% looks really good on the winshield, I think I'll get that done.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Staging Lane

I have 15% on my fronts (legal is 35% here) i'm not sure but i probably paid debit as i never carry cash on me and i have a receipt lifetime warranty. i know 15% isn't that big a deal (although i did fail inspection....$20 under the table took care of it)but i think its kinda funny that they gave me a receipt for an illegal tint job
Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

I've been wanting to get 40% on the windshield, especially after seeing scj's out side shot, I think that would get noticed. I could legally tint my windshield if I went to the eye doctor and got a prescription for windshield tint since I get migraines. 30% would be perfect imo but I don't want anything noticeable, legal or not, cause you'd still be getting pulled over for it and who wants that hassle.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had my windsheild at 35% for years now, it is the perfect tint, reduces the right amount of glare without making it too bad at night. Unless you already have problems with seeing at night, I think 35% is a good tint, if problems seeing at night, go 50%.

The guy who tinted my car has his Firehawk windsheild tinted at 20%, now that is a dark tint.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Name:  DSC_0093.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  70.0 KB
Name:  DSC_0067.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  72.5 KB
35% I have it on both of my cars.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

would go to jail if i tinted front windshield here am gonna tint mine 40% all around but front..since summer is already here...i hate this place

Quick Reply: those of you scared of windsheild tint, here.