Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

those of you scared of windsheild tint, here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Default those of you scared of windsheild tint, here.

here are shots from inside the car with all the windows up and in mid daylight
my car has 35% on the front windshield, 20% on the sides, and 5% on the back glass, and t-tops.
Name:  7155603c.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  89.1 KB
Name:  0c36db67.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  115.3 KB
Name:  ed99ae9a.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  68.8 KB
Name:  7cdfd4ca.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  76.1 KB
Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Daylight visibility is fine I'm sure. But what about night?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^exactlty. daylight visibility has never been an issue with tinting you're windows. its night driving that's the problem. and most people i know of that are "scared" of tint, are more worried about how getting tickets, which will be more likely with it.

personally i dont worry too much about any of that, and i'll be adding windshield tint next time i get mine done.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love some super light tint on my front windshield. 35% or even 50%. just something to keep glare and UV out.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Daylight visibility is fine I'm sure. But what about night?
to be honest with you, it's no different than a car without tint on the windshield. No one has ever noticed it being dark from the inside, and at night you have your headlights to light up the road. it's absolutely no problem what so ever.
Originally Posted by crimson_bird
^exactlty. daylight visibility has never been an issue with tinting you're windows. its night driving that's the problem. and most people i know of that are "scared" of tint, are more worried about how getting tickets, which will be more likely with it.

personally i dont worry too much about any of that, and i'll be adding windshield tint next time i get mine done.
like i said above, really no noticeable difference.
I've never gotten pulled over for it much less gotten a ticket for it and i've had it for almost 2 years now.

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I would love some super light tint on my front windshield. 35% or even 50%. just something to keep glare and UV out.
50% would be a waste of time and money in my opinion, it's basically clear.
35% is the winner
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

with 15% on the sides and 5% on the hatch, I can't see out the back at night, if you have interior lighting (LEDs) in your car. but it sure looks badass
Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ellsworth
with 15% on the sides and 5% on the hatch, I can't see out the back at night, if you have interior lighting (LEDs) in your car. but it sure looks badass
yeah with my 20% sides and 5% back i cant see out my back glass at night especially with the leds in the int. i open my door and stick my head out.. works every time.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scj
yeah with my 20% sides and 5% back i cant see out my back glass at night especially with the leds in the int. i open my door and stick my head out.. works every time.
i'v gotten pulled over and not seen the flashing lights because my foot wells are bright red, and my amp in the hatch area is bright blue ha. and I barely herd the siren over the longtubes and hooker catback ha!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by scj
50% would be a waste of time and money in my opinion, it's basically clear.
35% is the winner
Yeah if you'll read my post, I stated I wanted to keep glare and UV out. Kthxbai
Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ellsworth
i'v gotten pulled over and not seen the flashing lights because my foot wells are bright red, and my amp in the hatch area is bright blue ha. and I barely herd the siren over the longtubes and hooker catback ha!
haha, yeah my foot wells are bright red too, along with my hu/door handle bezels/ guages/ hvac/ switches/ headlight **** overlay light/ map/ and dome lights.. lol everything is red. and it reflects off the tint at night on my sides and back glass and makes it harder to see out of. but i've never had that kind of a problem.. lol i have stock exhaust with a cutout.
Yeah if you'll read my post, I stated I wanted to keep glare and UV out. Kthxbai
i read it, and stated my opinion. 35% would still be more worth it, and better over all. kthxbai
Old 02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But who will install it? It's illegal. What shop will actually let you do it?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Probably the same shops that install the illegal *** double 5% and **** people request.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had 5% all the way around on my ranger and 50% on the windshield. It was noticeably darker at night but not too bad. I wouldn't go past 50%. I still had the strip up top so it wouldn't be as obvious to police that it was tinted. In broad daylight you could look into the truck and not see my sitting in the driver's seat.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

if you guys are looking for something to block the heat, they make a ceramic tint that is clear. my tint guy says it blocks out almost the same amount of heat and UV that my 5% blocks. it's expensive, but worth the investment.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did mine to block people from seeing my stereo. I had a $600 subwoofer between my seats in the truck... didn't want it to get swiped. This is the only pic of the truck I have... took it when the lower radiator hose cracked. Nice clean coolant haha, but you can see how dark even 50% is. If you look closely you can see my upside-down ford emblem

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  117.9 KB
Old 02-04-2010, 10:19 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
one of my best friends' dads tints cars for a living. he did it.

Probably the same shops that install the illegal *** double 5% and **** people request.
In most cases with that kind of stuff, the person either did the double 5% themselves or they knew someone in the tint business. i know for sure that my friends dad won't do double 5% on anyone randoms car. Dark tint is nice though, and alot of people like to go a little over board. To each their own.

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I had 5% all the way around on my ranger and 50% on the windshield. It was noticeably darker at night but not too bad. I wouldn't go past 50%. I still had the strip up top so it wouldn't be as obvious to police that it was tinted. In broad daylight you could look into the truck and not see my sitting in the driver's seat.
yea, but the 5% all the way around was what was making everything look so dark. not the windshield tint. Even know you had lighter tint on your front windshield the extremely dark sides and back glass made it look way darker than it actually was because not that much light was getting inside the car from any other angle than the front.
Originally Posted by hlaalu
if you guys are looking for something to block the heat, they make a ceramic tint that is clear. my tint guy says it blocks out almost the same amount of heat and UV that my 5% blocks. it's expensive, but worth the investment.
eh, i personally wouldn't bother with that stuff. tint adds a level of cosmetic improvement, and privacy that i don't think is justified with clear windows.

but seems like this is what HoLLo is looking for.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:21 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I did mine to block people from seeing my stereo. I had a $600 subwoofer between my seats in the truck... didn't want it to get swiped. This is the only pic of the truck I have... took it when the lower radiator hose cracked. Nice clean coolant haha, but you can see how dark even 50% is. If you look closely you can see my upside-down ford emblem

looks like you ran over someone and drove around dragging them. lol
Old 02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
like mentioned above, alot of the tints on side windows are illegal as well, so if the shop will do that, they'll probably do the windshield.

the shop that does my windows will do it all, but you have to pay cash, you get no receipt, and they tell you if you get pulled over for it, not to say you got it done there. you still get lifetime warranty and all, just no paper trace, so they dont get into trouble
Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

some shops make you sign a waiver..
Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
you still get lifetime warranty and all, just no paper trace, so they dont get into trouble
LOL!!!! At least that's what they tell you.. Sucker born every second..

As for finding shops to do it, a lot more than you think will.. I mean, after you get a ticket, who are you going to take it to to get stripped and re-tinted?! .. Durrrr

Quick Reply: those of you scared of windsheild tint, here.