Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Post Pics of Corbeau CR1s

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres the place my buddy ordered his 2 CR1s from, free shipping on 2 or more seats. Pretty decent prices too.

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/
Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grifter
Is the dealer you're referring to in New Egypt, NJ? That's where I got mine, but his site is down and I didn't try calling him. I'm hoping he's still in business because I was planning on buying my other Sparco from him.

Also, in my opinion, the quality difference is not small. I'm not trying to come off as a dick and make Corbeau's sound like total crap but compared to the Sparco's they're not even in the same league. Just try to atleast sit in a couple before you put up the cash for one; whichever one you get.
yeah its in new egypt . I'm going to go there and try them out. to be honest, I've seen corbeau cr1s and they fulfill my expectations for racing seats. I'm not looking to pay top dollar for seats. I'd rather upgrade my tranny for that money. and the black suede ones look nice. But yeah bro I won't buy seats until I try them out locally.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02BLKWS6MD
Heres the place my buddy ordered his 2 CR1s from, free shipping on 2 or more seats. Pretty decent prices too.

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/
yea somebody just PMed me that link . thanks bud I appreciate it. If this guy in New Egypt, New Jersey isn't around any more I'm going to order them from that site.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

someone just informed me that the CR1 suede seats fade extremely fast.... and that's kind of making me a little weary about buying those. In case these seats don't work out for me what are some other seats around the price range of $1200 (pair) would you guys recommend?....I can find some recaros out of Evo IXs for around that price tag.... what you guys think about that?

Last edited by Trans Am Jam; 02-08-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
yeah its in new egypt . I'm going to go there and try them out. to be honest, I've seen corbeau cr1s and they fulfill my expectations for racing seats. I'm not looking to pay top dollar for seats. I'd rather upgrade my tranny for that money. and the black suede ones look nice. But yeah bro I won't buy seats until I try them out locally.
Glad to hear he's still in busniess. Rick is a great guy, helped me modify my Corbeau brackets to fit the Sparco's the first time I went to him.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

someone just informed me that the CR1 suede seats fade extremely fast.... and that's kind of making me a little weary about buying those. In case these seats don't work out for me what are some other seats around the price range of $1200 (pair) would you guys recommend?....I can find some recaros out of Evo IXs for around that price tag.... what you guys think about that?
You can get Torino II's for about $600 each but that doesn't include brackets. Try to get over to Mid Atlantic Trading and talk it over with Rick, he'll hook you up. You'll also have dozens of seats to try out.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Grifter, I went to Mid Atlantic Trading and first off that guy is awesome and very helpful. I narrowed down the seats that I like most: it's either going to be Corbeau CR1s in black suede or all Leather, Sparco Torino 2s in black cloth, or 6le black suede seats (if I can get enough ppl to vouch for them, but they don't like like they grip you that well) i'm leaning more towards the Cr1s, but the new black cloth feels durable but uncomfortable and he didn't have the all leather ones there to feel...also someone told me that their suede fades within a year.... but I haven't confirmed that through my own research. The A4s are also nice, but I like higher walls holding me in the seat for road racing.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I really like the fixed position aka non reclinable Sparko SPrint Vs ...they really grab u in the seat and I fit in them very comfortably.. but the guy at the dealer kind of nudged me to not get those to Daily Driver...but they were sooo comfortable and cheap =[
Old 12-18-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Veteran

How would we find where the dealers are in our area so we can test-sit some different brands or styles? Maybe somewhere that carries more than one brand... the local "speed shops" around here don't carry much.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://corbeau.com/service/store_locator/

try that
Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Teching In

man those corbeau's are sweet.....
Old 12-19-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn the only dealer near me is a good hour away and their site doesn't even display any corbeaus, but supposedly they have them. My friend had them in his firehawk and he said that he liked them a lot but moved onto sparco milanos solely because the quality is better... I don't really care to be honest about the quality difference, because it's so miniscule it's not worht spending an extra 2-300 for tight seams. I guess I pretty much got the information I needed. I'm just gonna have to go to a dealer and sit in one. If anybody is interested in purchasing Ebony Front and Rear Seats in good condition (no rips, barely any wrinkles, and only one dime size hole in the rear bucket seat from previous owner) located Eastern let me know!!!!

- i'm only going to be able to afford one seat for now, which I'm sure my dad won't be too thrilled about since I'm always called to pick him up from the train station.... but do I have to buy a Corbeau racing seat bracket? how do I modify my stock bracket to fit ?
Just out of curiosity, how much are you asking for the seats?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

i dont think he owns his T/A anymore
Old 12-19-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by my bandit
i dont think he owns his T/A anymore
Didn't realize how old this thread was.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dang those look awesome!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a used set of CR-1's in my car. They're nice for DD. More lower back support, but they push my shoulders forward and it makes me have to stretch more frequently while driving. Although, they seem to be better for long drives than my worn out stock seats, since I'd get out of the car feeling MORE physically tired after 2.5-3 hours of straight driving, than with the CR-1's and shoulder-stretching every now and then. I will be buying grey cloth replacement covers when I have funds allocated for that project.

FWIW, I'm about 5'8" 170lbs right now ().

Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Suede

Quick Reply: Post Pics of Corbeau CR1s