Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Post Pics of Corbeau CR1s

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post Pics of Corbeau CR1s

I'm probably going to sell my front and rear ebony T/A leather seats and purchase black microsuede Corbeau CR1s and I just wanted to see some pics of yours, preferably in Fbodies, and get some feedback on how those feel, especially those who daily drive theirs. Also if you guys have modified your stock seat brackets to fit them post up pics of those as well.

Thanks,
Jam
Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

BUMP!! I know there are fbodies with corbeau CR1s.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the leather version in my car.

Not the best pics and the car was still dirty from sitting for 2 years, but you get the idea. Hope that helps. BTW I modified the drivers side mount to lower it and will be trying to do the same to the passenger side in the spring.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks soo good in there. how are they for daily driving ? how hard was it to modify the stock driver side seat brackets? ....and how much did you end up paying in the end for both those seats? thanks!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:31 AM
10 Second Club

It would be a lot easier to leave the brackets alone. I needed them to be as low as stock so I could fit a helmet in there with me at 6'1".

The brackets are a PITA to modify and install as I did it, but it worked. I completely removed the rear perch, which means you have all of 1/2" to get your wrench under the seat to tighten the rear bolts. It required fabrication and welding.

The seats cost me $1200 Canadian, which was a pretty good price with leather, lumbar and the brackets.

My car is not a daily driver at all. I drive about 4k max a year. Trips to autocrosses, the strip and a few cruise nights. I onl had it out on the road for about 3 weeks with the new seats before it was time put it in storage for the winter.

That is about all I can say.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Banned

i've got the cloth ones....
Old 02-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Launching!

where can these be purchased? i like them. haha
Old 02-06-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have Corbeau's but I thought I should give my input on aftermarket seats; SIT IN THEM FIRST! I was set on getting Corbeau's(even got the brackets before I bought the seats), I was able to sit in a bunch of different Corbeau's and Sparco's at a local distributor. The Corbeau's were awful, it was like sitting bricks. The quality and comfort was much, much better on the Sparco's. Needless to say I got the Sparco. I'm not knocing anyone who has Corbeau's but you're spending a lot of money on something that you most likely don't even need(I know I didn't haha) and probably have never sat in.

I got mine from a company in NJ, PM me if you want his info.

Pictures are on my laptop, I'll get them up later.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Only good picture I have now:

In my old car:
Old 02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
I have the leather version in my car.

Not the best pics and the car was still dirty from sitting for 2 years, but you get the idea. Hope that helps. BTW I modified the drivers side mount to lower it and will be trying to do the same to the passenger side in the spring.

How comfortable are those on a scale of 1-10? 1 being a bar stool and 10 being a lazyboy.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Mine shouldn't be comfortable for me, but there are great compared to stock. I like a seat that holds me in place. I am over 250, 6' 1" and they fit tight, but I am comfortable with the lumbar at near max. I would not like them with out it. I am losing weight right now so who knows in the spring, but I would think they will be even better.

I have a very bad back too. Surgery 18 years ago on 2 discs.

I have driven in them 3-4 hours and get out feeling great, with a heavily modified suspension, not the wimpy stock stuff. That is just me though. Too each their own.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been looking At the Corbeau seats also, but until I've actually sat in some a decision won't be meet. I sent you a few good links I've came across in my search.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks . That's what I was waiting to hear...an indepth ergonomic description. A lot of ppl have never sat in racing seats and overexagerate the feeling of discomfort when sitting in corbeaus.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
thanks . That's what I was waiting to hear...an indepth ergonomic description. A lot of ppl have never sat in racing seats and overexagerate the feeling of discomfort when sitting in corbeaus.
I can tell you the half of dozen I sat in, I don't know the models, were junk. Full race, non-adjustable Sparco's felt like a lazyboy compared to them.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

I love my Corbeau's and so does everyone that sits in them. Before the car became a dedicated autox car, I took multiple 6+ hour road trips with them in the car and the only complaint I've ever had...is the fact there is no head rest lol, just had to adjust the seat all the way up and couldn't use my gangster lean.

To the dude who said you probably don't need them...well yea if you are going for a look rather than function. For those of us who need them and are on a budget, they are great. I can tell you one thing, the Corbeau's feel like a super lazy boy compared to the kirkey racing seat we have in the other car.

And racing seats aren't meant to be super comfy...
Old 02-06-2010, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

I owned Sparco Fighters first and the CR1's are head and shoulders above them in comfort. It depends what seat you tried.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Teching In

can i get a link to the seats.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you HAVE to sit in them first. i love them, i have driven about 3 hours straight in them and did not have a problem. of course im 5'9 140lbs so i dont hang over the sides. i just used the brackets that you have to buy (i think like 100 extra) and i am going to add memory foam for lumbar

Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn the only dealer near me is a good hour away and their site doesn't even display any corbeaus, but supposedly they have them. My friend had them in his firehawk and he said that he liked them a lot but moved onto sparco milanos solely because the quality is better... I don't really care to be honest about the quality difference, because it's so miniscule it's not worht spending an extra 2-300 for tight seams. I guess I pretty much got the information I needed. I'm just gonna have to go to a dealer and sit in one. If anybody is interested in purchasing Ebony Front and Rear Seats in good condition (no rips, barely any wrinkles, and only one dime size hole in the rear bucket seat from previous owner) located Eastern let me know!!!!

- i'm only going to be able to afford one seat for now, which I'm sure my dad won't be too thrilled about since I'm always called to pick him up from the train station.... but do I have to buy a Corbeau racing seat bracket? how do I modify my stock bracket to fit ?

Last edited by Trans Am Jam; 02-07-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
damn the only dealer near me is a good hour away and their site doesn't even display any corbeaus, but supposedly they have them. My friend had them in his firehawk and he said that he liked them a lot but moved onto sparco milanos solely because the quality is better... I don't really care to be honest about the quality difference, because it's so miniscule it's not worht spending an extra 2-300 for tight seams. I guess I pretty much got the information I needed. I'm just gonna have to go to a dealer and sit in one. If anybody is interested in purchasing Ebony Front and Rear Seats in good condition (no rips, barely any wrinkles, and only one dime size hole in the rear bucket seat from previous owner) located Eastern let me know!!!!

- i'm only going to be able to afford one seat for now, which I'm sure my dad won't be too thrilled about since I'm always called to pick him up from the train station.... but do I have to buy a Corbeau racing seat bracket? how do I modify my stock bracket to fit ?
Is the dealer you're referring to in New Egypt, NJ? That's where I got mine, but his site is down and I didn't try calling him. I'm hoping he's still in business because I was planning on buying my other Sparco from him.

Also, in my opinion, the quality difference is not small. I'm not trying to come off as a dick and make Corbeau's sound like total crap but compared to the Sparco's they're not even in the same league. Just try to atleast sit in a couple before you put up the cash for one; whichever one you get.

Quick Reply: Post Pics of Corbeau CR1s