Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

which cowl hood should i get? normal or wide

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that blue Mach is real nice..the hood flows well with the car..ive always thought cowls look great on mustangs..especially cobras cuz they have a very beefy appearance if that makes any sense
Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

i like the first one
Old 02-13-2010, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i like pic number one...
Old 02-13-2010, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i totally agree with crimson. I like it when jus looking at the hood but when i see it on the car it doesnt look near as good at all. Its too tall and i don't like how its rounded up. reminds me of a camel hump on your hood. #1 isprob jus as tall which isnt good but it doesnt look like it would be as rounded at least. But it is better than stock, jus dont love but i do like it...
Old 02-13-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

that blue car doesnt have the same hood..its alot different. didnt realize it.
already paid for hood #2. gonna put it on.. if i dont like it then i'll sell it and get #1,
one reason for number 2 is cuz i'm putting 12" mattle black vinyl stripes on..and wanted to make sure the whole 24" of striples plus the 1 or 2 inch gap fit on the hood flat and even. dont think the other hood would've worked.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

you'll be happy with.

but, im a little confused with your stripe choice. they are straight lines stripes? 12" wide?
- i just dont really see how they'll flow with the hood toward the front of the hood (where it ends) since the hoods curves inward. so how will you work the stripes to contour to the shape of the hood? If i were you, i'd look into some local vinyl shops and see if i could get some custom ones made. i think that might work out better.

the front-most part of the hood at the very top, main cowl section, doesn't even seem to be 24" across. so i'm really wondering how the 12" stripes are gonna work.

or are you talking about having just 1 single 12" stripe running along the center?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

yea 2 12" inch stripes.. with a small gap in between. 1 or 2 inches
yea it might look funny with the shape of the cowl hood. i'll still try it..
i bought 30 yards of 12" matte black off of ebay for like 19 bucks.
so i have alot of it to make mistakes with.
last time i just laid the stripes on the car and held them in place with tape to see what they'd look like. i'm sure i can cut them myself if i need to.

heres one with stripes but its cowl hood isnt as wide

and heres my car with the last stripes i put on. same 12" stripes..but they're gonna be closer together this time.. 1 or 2 inch gap. then they're gonna go all the way down the hood, then on then on the front bumper liket that dark grey mustang above. i couldnt go all the way down on the stock hood cuz it has vents and indents..i suck at using a heat gun. i always melt the vinyl and it crumbles up.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

a few ppl seem interested.. so i'll post pics after i paint it. being shipped on monday..then i think it takes a week the seller said. i'm gonna prime it then paint the same day i get it if the primer dries quick enough. then probably wait a few days before i put stripes on the hood. i always start at the hood.. but i might ask for opinions on the best way to put them on the hood.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a mustang hood....who cares. I like hood #2 better. I saw the big bad 302ci is back for the 2011 stang with hp claims of 412hp 390tq. This was on a engine dyno and not in a car when tested. They also stated ''we got this much hp with a lot less ci's then the Gm ls3 motor.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

heres with it unpainted. painting it next week

its alot bigger than I expected. but maybe it wont look so huge after i paint it to match the car. i really didnt expect it to be that big. if i wanted, i could probably be an *** and file a dispute through paypal because it doesnt look like the advertised picture and get a 3" replacement. the advertised picture shows a 2 1/2 or 3 cowl hood. its a bolt on.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i actually like it. and trust me, it will look better once it is painted. when i i got my camaro hood in the mail i regretted it as soon as i saw it. it looked HUGE. but once i went down to the shop and saw it on the car, i fell in love with it.

but if you're gonna try to send it back, just remember, your gonna get *** raped on the price now, because you're gonna pay to ship it back, and then pay to ship the next hood, and also pay their boxing fees. (just something to think about)

but if you really do want the smaller cowl, now is the time. message the seller, and message paypal. and see what you can do.

Quick Reply: which cowl hood should i get? normal or wide