Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

another hood thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02gtp4now
i used to not like you hood but its grown on me alot, i would keep yours and put your money elsewere like springs
thx man. actually I bought uLs1a's prokit and STB. need to find a nice single adj. PHR and probably some LCA's and I will put them on this spring. it's to flippin cold.

I'm thinking I should keep my hood now. but I want to get something going on up there. maybe some "blackbird stripes" to match my Dick Harrell stripes? compared to a camaro with the same hood but different color, white really seems to wash out the flow of the hood. So I bet some stripes down the side would make it have a better look to it. what ya think?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

i dont know if i would do stripes at all, maybe just a ram air decal and call it done. nice and clean.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a warmer day, take some black electrical tape and lay it out where you would like the stripes. Just take your time and cut/trim it properly. You will then have a good general idea of just how it will look with the stripes on the side of the hood. You could even stand back and take a few pictures to further decide on exactly what is best for you. Just my thoughts on a cheap way to see how the stripes could look on your car.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cali_bear2003
On a warmer day, take some black electrical tape and lay it out where you would like the stripes. Just take your time and cut/trim it properly. You will then have a good general idea of just how it will look with the stripes on the side of the hood. You could even stand back and take a few pictures to further decide on exactly what is best for you. Just my thoughts on a cheap way to see how the stripes could look on your car.

never thought of that! that's a great ideal man.. i'll do that.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Tuner_06
I see your from bentonville as well
hells yes
i only really drive on J street (work then home and back)
but we'll probably run into each other some day
Old 02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man... I work off J street! I work at walmart ware house. The return center
Old 02-19-2010, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

i work at 8th and moberly, in ISD!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You know what I would do if that was my car??? I would keep it just the way it is, the only thing I would add would be stripes running on the sides of the raised part of the hood, similar to blackbird stripes but in the shape of the dick harell stripes at a smaller proportion...... anybody would mind a chop?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
You know what I would do if that was my car??? I would keep it just the way it is, the only thing I would add would be stripes running on the sides of the raised part of the hood, similar to blackbird stripes but in the shape of the dick harell stripes at a smaller proportion...... anybody would mind a chop?
I like that ideal too
Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Try what I said with black electrical tape as somebody already suggested.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Question about the Suncoast Ram Air hood. I looked on their website and they sell the RAM Air box for it...is that any different than having like a SLP Ram Air Box or a Whistler lid? In other words, do you have to buy THAT box for the hood to function properly?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Don't do the Sunoco hood, Cody. There are already a few in the area and that's almost too many. Like you said, that Z hood is unique and has great fitment. I think you should try out the electrical tape stripes on the side of the raised portion and see what you think. IMO, blackbird or DH equivalent stripes would look sick on that hood.

As always, car's looking clean man. Now keep your fingers crossed for some warm weather. You and I both have got some suspension parts to install.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pace
Don't do the Sunoco hood, Cody. There are already a few in the area and that's almost too many. Like you said, that Z hood is unique and has great fitment. I think you should try out the electrical tape stripes on the side of the raised portion and see what you think. IMO, blackbird or DH equivalent stripes would look sick on that hood.

As always, car's looking clean man. Now keep your fingers crossed for some warm weather. You and I both have got some suspension parts to install.
Man I'm jealous. My buddy bought some freakin Loni shocks and struts with a lowering kit. That makes me really jealous. I need to get the lca's and phb to put on my springs. Just got the stb in. I'll keep the hood. I'll be expecting to see you at sonic when it warms up
Old 03-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1Tuner_06
Man I'm jealous. My buddy bought some freakin Loni shocks and struts with a lowering kit. That makes me really jealous. I need to get the lca's and phb to put on my springs. Just got the stb in. I'll keep the hood. I'll be expecting to see you at sonic when it warms up
I'll be out there. Hopefully with the rest of my suspension finished.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Banned

I love that hood, mainly because I've never seen it on a Camaro. Rarity rocks! And I really like the black painted job you linked to... I think that would look fantastic...

Quick Reply: another hood thread.