Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How do you remove the grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,696 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Mgill
You don't need to remove the front fasica to remove the grill had I know how it was held on I have a speical tool for removing those push clips...if you break them you can replace em.
Unless you already have an SLP grille (like you do), then you do in fact have to remove the front bumper cover to access the factory clips. This is for the GM grille (Z28/base SS). Of course, you can just break it off by pulling like others have mentioned, but you cannot access the retaining clips (if you want to ever re-install it) without pulling the fasica. It's not held on the same as the SLP grilles.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ah didn't know that^^
Old 02-18-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Unless you already have an SLP grille (like you do), then you do in fact have to remove the front bumper cover to access the factory clips. This is for the GM grille (Z28/base SS). Of course, you can just break it off by pulling like others have mentioned, but you cannot access the retaining clips (if you want to ever re-install it) without pulling the fasica. It's not held on the same as the SLP grilles.
Ok so... any tips on removing the front fascia? Is there a write up on where to start/screw locations?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,696 Likes on 1,215 Posts

If you check SLP's website ( www.slponline.com ) you can download the instructions for installing their grille, which also includes instructions (with illustrations) on removal of the front fasica.
The following users liked this post:
strikeone (06-03-2023)
Old 02-18-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect, thank you brother. FYI for those interested: In search for the SLP instructions, which I've seen before, I stumbled upon this (full walkthrough of front fascia removal):

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...on-photos.html

Quick Reply: How do you remove the grill