Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

infant car seats?

Old 02-21-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default infant car seats?

I just had a daughter so i wanted to get a car seat that goes with my car. I saw the simpson car seat from summit but is for toddlers and not infants. does anyone know of any? would prefer black as it matches my car and she wont make it look too dirty or neutral colors. Thanks in advance!

I have a 02 WS6 so has to fit in the back. pics would be appreciated!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not helping you with your seat issue, cause I don't have any kids yet. Hope to soon, but just wanted to say congrats on your daughter!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

congrats on the new addition. but as for the car seat issue, unless you take the cover off the car seat and wash it often, no matter what color you get trust me its going to get dirty.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

congrats! we just had a baby boy 2 months ago and my car is in storage but i just went to toys r us and got one that looks kinda like a raceing seat.. if you just go and look you can find ones that resemble racing seats..
Old 02-21-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kool_chic2
congrats on the new addition. but as for the car seat issue, unless you take the cover off the car seat and wash it often, no matter what color you get trust me its going to get dirty.
yes i know it will get dirty..and sadly so will my car...but figured black stains the least...im just hoping i can get a seat to fit in the back seat of my car

and thanks for the congrats everyone! we are excited!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bwilde86
yes i know it will get dirty..and sadly so will my car...but figured black stains the least...im just hoping i can get a seat to fit in the back seat of my car

and thanks for the congrats everyone! we are excited!

geta car seat that has the base that you buckle into the car, i think that they are called convertable car seat.(not for sure of name) it sits a little bit higher.. it worked for me when i had mine. and it was in the back seat of a 94 chevy bretta. but anyway good luck and once again congrats.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kool_chic2
geta car seat that has the base that you buckle into the car, i think that they are called convertable car seat.(not for sure of name) it sits a little bit higher.. it worked for me when i had mine. and it was in the back seat of a 94 chevy bretta. but anyway good luck and once again congrats.
This is exactly what I did when my son was born. This is the one we used http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pa...ductID=1761417 It rested nicely on the hump between the seats and was secured on both sidles with the buckles. In addition the top of the car seat itself rested between between the 2 front seats further holding it in place. Now that my son is 2 1/2 we use a forward facing seat from sunshine kids and it's narrow and fits like a glove in either bucket seat. G'luck and congrats ...
Old 02-22-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

i went through the same issue when my daughter was born. we could never really fine a carseat that would fit properly in the back of my car (camaro).my wife was not too happy of her riding in my car for that reason.i can count with both hands the # of times she has been in my car...she's 1 now....
Old 02-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Teching In

thinking about taking out one of the seats just for this purpose. let me know if you find anything you like.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

i wont let my son ride in my car till hes at least 2 or 3 lol cant wait till then and congrats!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I actually have a car seat that we used in our Z28 camaro....and we dont need it anymore....

and oh we have a Safety First one now....but it wont work for **** if its rear facing like infants need to be.. My wife who is 5'9 didn't have too much trouble driving around with the car seat behind the drivers seat, but since usually I drove, we had it behind my seat, cause I am only 5'7.... behind the passenger seat would be an even better fit for the carseat we have now... we bought it at baby's R Us for about 100 bucks. If you bring your car up and ask to fit test they will let you, but you can't uses the rear facing seats with the base in Fbodys, so remove the base and use it like that. We were in 2 fender benders with the Camaro and the baby didn't even wake up in his car seat....
Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

I could never find a good configuration for an infant seat. My boy didn't ride in my Camaro untill he was big enough for the simpson seat I bought! But with the car seat in the back... No passenger. Even my 5'5 ex was cramped.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

A buddy just ordered a Simpson seat, looks pretty sweet but it is pretty bulky. I just have a cheap one for the 9 month old. Any rear facing seat will make the passenger seat useless so I don't take him in the Camaro very often.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just had a baby boy. i to need to find one for my ws6. congrades on the baby!!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

I had to pull the back of the back seat out and that gives you like 5 more in. of room for the infant seat then the passenger is not so cramped. then pray for the day when she is big/old enough to ride in a forward faceing seat and congrats on the little one!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the one I have now that my son is old enough to face forward. This fits perfectly in the bucket seat of my Camaro ... snug and secure. http://sunshinekidsbaby.com/proddeta...?prod=ZM22273A
Old 02-24-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First off congrats on the baby. Seems like everyone I know had a baby in the last few month's, musta been a cold winter.

Anyway they're all going to be a tight fit and pretty much forget about a passenger while you have one in, at least comfortably. My daughter is 3 month's old, and if you get one of those convertible model's that you just use a base and take the car seat with you, you'll need a seat belt lock to hold the seat belt in place. Our car's didn't have a locking rear seat belt so in order to maintain hte base in it's proper position you have to lock the belt in place with this thing. It kinda looks like a little metal I. Just a quick fyi.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Congrats on the baby. But are you honestly going to put a baby in the back of a high performance car? Lol..
Old 02-28-2010, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

I just had a little girl and was looking at the simpson seat

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: infant car seats?