Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Interior LED lights setups

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Interior LED lights setups

Hey I was thinking about doing some interior lighting work on my t/a. I was curious about the different setups people have. Post up some pics of your (preferably LED) interior lights. Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
type led interior in the search
I did this as my first course of action but alas, nothing really. I was kinda hoping that someone would have some pics and more information on this. I posted because I had a question and just wanted some help and pictures, not someone to point out the obvious.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most ppl new to this site won't bother searching. I don't understand how you couldn't find anything b/c There is a bunch of threads about this.

With a Firebird you will probably want to consider red leds because other colors will not shine very well through all the red film. I converted my whole interior to red SMDs. Click my fquick link to look at pics. I converted to a firebird shift indicator, hvac display, and headlight switch, so it will be similar to what yours will look like..
Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

[/QUOTE] With a Firebird you will probably want to consider red leds because other colors will not shine very well through all the red film. I converted my whole interior to red SMDs. Click my fquick link to look at pics. I converted to a firebird shift indicator, hvac display, and headlight switch, so it will be similar to what yours will look like..[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Btw the car looks great inside and out. I dig the red lights. Where did you end up picking them up from?
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks! I got them from good companies with great feedback on ebay. You can get them from superbrightleds, BUT it WILL be more expensive. I walked away at a lower cost from ebay.

I got all my interior SMDs on ebay, NOT ebaymotors. For some reason they are more expensive on ebaymotors even though they are the same products

EDIT: You'll need five 194 bulbs for the gauge cluster (highly recommend 5-SMD bulbs), two 74 bulbs for hvac display (highly recommend 3-SMD bulbs), one 74 bulb for shift indicator (highly recommend a 3-SMD bulb), and two 74 bulbs for door panels

Last edited by Ls1CamaroGuy87; 02-23-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Thanks! I got them from good companies with great feedback on ebay. You can get them from superbrightleds, BUT it WILL be more expensive. I walked away at a lower cost from ebay.

I got all my interior SMDs on ebay, NOT ebaymotors. For some reason they are more expensive on ebaymotors even though they are the same products

EDIT: You'll need five 194 bulbs for the gauge cluster (highly recommend 5-SMD bulbs), two 74 bulbs for hvac display (highly recommend 3-SMD bulbs), one 74 bulb for shift indicator (highly recommend a 3-SMD bulb), and two 74 bulbs for door panels
Thanks I'll be lookin into this.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do a HVAC LED's search there are a lot of setups there. I am in the middle of a blue conversion for mine, but I'm not done or i'd post some pix.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Teching In

I have red LEDs on my rear view mirror... At night I intentionally leave them on and face the mirror fowards. It looks cool in my opinion, i'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
Do a HVAC LED's search there are a lot of setups there. I am in the middle of a blue conversion for mine, but I'm not done or i'd post some pix.
You should post up some b4/after pics of the process.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95'FiReChIcKeN
I have red LEDs on my rear view mirror... At night I intentionally leave them on and face the mirror fowards. It looks cool in my opinion, i'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.
Wtf? Post pics or ban.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ls1CamaroGuy87, how well do the LED's dim? I was going to do this when I first got the car, then decided not to, and now one of my stock backlights died (so I can't see the fuel gauge at night lol)...motivating me to go to LED's again...I don't dim my dash very often, but once in a while when it's late at night and there's no other cars on the road, I set the cruise control somewhere legal, and then dim the dash all the way off and turn on the blackout feature on my alpine head unit...just easier on my eyes if there's no light.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

U can turn them off, but they only get slightly dimmer with the adjustment wheel
Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Teching In

"Wtf? Post pics or ban."

I do it when my car is parked though...you know like the camaro guys who have the knight rider light on the bumper. Did you think I drive around like that?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
Ls1CamaroGuy87, how well do the LED's dim? I was going to do this when I first got the car, then decided not to, and now one of my stock backlights died (so I can't see the fuel gauge at night lol)...motivating me to go to LED's again...I don't dim my dash very often, but once in a while when it's late at night and there's no other cars on the road, I set the cruise control somewhere legal, and then dim the dash all the way off and turn on the blackout feature on my alpine head unit...just easier on my eyes if there's no light.
I just installed LEDs in my gauges, and they dim pretty well...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Old 03-09-2010, 04:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here we go.......
Oh, and by the way, UV is tough to photograph in darkness!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 95'FiReChIcKeN
I hope you don't drive around like that... California police don't like seeing red or blue lights on the front of any car that isn't a police car on any public roads...

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
Ls1CamaroGuy87, how well do the LED's dim?
They dim just fine.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

No, I don't drive with them on. Trust my, Had a red LED lighting up my license plate back in the day, and within a week, got hassled by a cop. Changed it the next day.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Nah man, like i said I only turn them on when its parked. I know what you mean though,cops around here will try to bust you for any little thing.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
No, I don't drive with them on. Trust my, Had a red LED lighting up my license plate back in the day, and within a week, got hassled by a cop. Changed it the next day.
From what I hear, red light on the back is okay because it's on the back. Cops will probably give you trouble, but you could fight it.

My cousin wanted to do amber color neon under his Fiero. He said it's a loophole since you can have amber on any side of your vehicle, so technically it would be legal to drive with.

Quick Reply: Interior LED lights setups