Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

the non-berger thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
yeah berger chevrolet copied the 1st gen cars. and the whole idea of the GMMG program was to copy the copo and yenko camaro's from the 60's. or to run with that same idea at least.

btw guz, those letters look sick!
Thanks. I used to have the rk sport letters that you had but decided to go with something a little different. Thr rk sport letters look good on your car.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chrome fill-ins from a Sponsor here but otherwise pretty plain BUT thats ok with me.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

looks great. to me less is more with our cars. the subtle touches make all the difference.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the Berger panel is a nice mod for Z28's & SS's. But it's so overdone that it's nice to see some regular style panels.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
I think the Berger panel is a nice mod for Z28's & SS's. But it's so overdone that it's nice to see some regular style panels.
I don't think the berger mod is any more overdone than the CETA mod on Trans Am's I think both mods break up the back of the cars and give it more to look at. It was one of my favorite apperance mods on my car
Old 02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smg267
I don't think the berger mod is any more overdone than the CETA mod on Trans Am's I think both mods break up the back of the cars and give it more to look at. It was one of my favorite apperance mods on my car
i agree that the ceta mod is done probably just as much as the berger.

the difference to me, is that every damn person who has not done the berger and is getting ready to, feels that instead of searching for pics of cars with it, they need to start a new thread asking for pictures of their colored cars with it, or what kind of fill-ins to use, or what color (satin, gloss, flat, matte, etc, etc), or this, or that. personally, i find the search to be a GREAT tool, and i feel some people should use it a little more.

there's SOOO many threads about the berger mod it's rediculous. the same cannot be said about the Ceta mod
Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by smg267
you're right they are both over done. and it's not fair to generalize like that. a berger panel is not the same as a CETA mod. two different cars, two different mods. plus the CETA mod looks like it actually belongs there. to me the berger looks out of place.

and to me 'over done' is not a valid argument in anything car related. cars are mass produced for one thing and on top of that our cars are 8-12 years old. so most likely any idea you might have for a mod has already been done. and more than likely has been done many times. soooo most mods to our cars are 'over done'. just saying.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My current car. Pretty plain with some vinyl from bfranker.

This is my last car. No tips is how I love the *** end of these cars.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

love the blue and black.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

don't need no stinkin exhaust tips!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 02-27-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
you're right they are both over done. and it's not fair to generalize like that. a berger panel is not the same as a CETA mod. two different cars, two different mods. plus the CETA mod looks like it actually belongs there. to me the berger looks out of place.

and to me 'over done' is not a valid argument in anything car related. cars are mass produced for one thing and on top of that our cars are 8-12 years old. so most likely any idea you might have for a mod has already been done. and more than likely has been done many times. soooo most mods to our cars are 'over done'. just saying.
i think the berger looks good! if i had a reg z or ss i'd prob do it too, played out or not i think it makes it look a lot better but that is just my opinion...

btw, where do you keep gettin tickets at? i saw you pull up at kemah last weekend, car sounds good!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Juicy J;12952719]I have 2 panels that I switch out when i get bored of my car's appearance (I know, I am a geek).QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking about doing. Some cars it looks real good, and others not so much. Sometimes it reminds me of a car that got wrecked and it looks like someone just found one in a junkyard and slapped it on. Im still undecided on the berger.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great idea for a thread!

Some cars are begging for one, others look amazing without it!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

what do you guys think for my car yes or no? just posted a pic a few mins ago scroll up lol
Old 02-27-2010, 03:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
i think the berger looks good! if i had a reg z or ss i'd prob do it too, played out or not i think it makes it look a lot better but that is just my opinion...

btw, where do you keep gettin tickets at? i saw you pull up at kemah last weekend, car sounds good!
thanks! last weekend i didn't stay long cuz me and my gf were sick and just weren't really in the mood. i'm pretty sure i saw your car, don't think i ever spotted you though. hopefully we'll be there this saturday too.

but yeah i got a ticket in pasadena in november for 10 mph over, did dd and got it removed. friendswood in december for no cats, no front LP, and dumped exhaust, the no cats is on my record the other two got dismissed. webster in january for expired registration, no proof of insurance, no driver license, warning on my exhuast, warning on my front LP(i had left my wallet in my camies from working). all those got dismissed...for a price

i lost so much money for all that stupid ****. it could have all been avoided and i feel like a retard for it. but i guess i learned my lesson.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

I Like my berger panel. I get alot of peole tell me they love it. To each their own I guess.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like both, but I do like the de-badged rear with just the Camaro inserts. I think it really makes the rear of the car look clean. My rear Z-28 emblem will be coming off this spring.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Im not a fan of the berger mod , it looks out of place . It does look oook on "some" of the retro painted and stripe combos on the Dick Harrell supercar and other Berger cars .
Old 02-27-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is the rear of my car and some pictures of what I just received in the mail for on it. I do like the looks of the berger on some cars I just am not sure it would look ok on my car just yet.

Quick Reply: the non-berger thread.