Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Center caps for my aftermarket rims?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Center caps for my aftermarket rims?

I've had my set of rims for awhile now and they are just settling in with me. I got them off of a guy on here and pretty sure no one else has them on a camaro lol. My car unfortunately is a V6 but they were a great deal and couldn't pass them up. So anyways, my car is the typical hardtop bright rally red V6 where the roof is body color, but I have the lights blacked out and dark tint. The rims are a gunmetal color with a deep dish chrome lip. They came with these ugly goldish brown sticker centercaps and every single sticker is starting to peel off.

I was wandering if its possible to have center caps made, for instance, like all the stainless and metal work Dragon does? Also, would they be able to just stick on using a certain adhesive in place of the other ones? Here is a picture of the rims for reference. I am wondering what you guys think of getting a black center cap with a red bowtie in it, and if that would look good with the rims as well.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/a...1&d=1100534430
Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i would just get the sticker and clue off, sand it a bit clean it and paint it with a duplicolor paint of your choice and then find a sticker that will fit in it, wa la, got your self some "custom" center caps!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Launching!

I really dont want to sand or paint or even touch my rims and screw them up. Is it possible to get custom centercaps made and then just stick them on with adhesive? And if so do you think black with red bowtie would look good on a gunmetal with chrome lip?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Launching!

anyone?
Old 03-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
i would just get the sticker and clue off, sand it a bit clean it and paint it with a duplicolor paint of your choice and then find a sticker that will fit in it, wa la, got your self some "custom" center caps!
this is your best and cheapest option. You can pop the center caps off to paint it so you wouldn't mess anything on the rim up. Have some faith in your abilities and try it thats the best way to learn especially since this is something so small. Worst case scenario you have to buy a new set of center caps which you're trying to do right no so why not just go for it...
Old 03-06-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

whats the size of the centercap area?
americanmuscle has alot for mustangs..mainly for Bullitt rims i think..looks like they'd fit your rims. search for "Center cap". i'm about to buy chrome or aluminum ones from them. they say the size on each cap there.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

If you have a local wheel/tire shop just go in and tell them you need some centers to fit your wheels. Most places have an abundance of centers the same size because most wheels have the same size holes. Just find on that fits that you like and your set

Quick Reply: Center caps for my aftermarket rims?