Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Aftermarket lt1 ss hood, which one should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket lt1 ss hood, which one should i buy?

Well i have been looking for a while now on aftermarket ss hoods 93-97 and dont know which one is more bang for my buck. I was going with the trufiber hood but i have just found a couple of new one's, the ATI ss hood and The Vfiber ss hood.

Trufiber Functional hood runs around $530 shipped to your door and is a functional hood that sounds very well made.

The ATi Functional hood runs for $365 shipped to your door and is seems like an ok hood but the pics that are giving of it on many websites show it on an LT1 car and it looks like the LT1 soop but then the other pics of the hood show the scoop as an LS1 style? Which is it? Has any one bought this hood? Do they have both an LT1 and LS1 style scoop?

And the third hood that i found when i was looking for pics of the ATi and its called a Vfiber hood that is also functional. Now this runs about $450 shipped and looks like the LT1 style scoop but is it a good hood?

Please leave advice on which hood you have bought for me and the other readers! Thanks
Old 03-21-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

VFN 3" SS. It has the LS1 style scoop though. I am very pleased with it.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

daily bump
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default More posts!

Come on now, U mean to tell ME that there is only one of you guy out ther that bought an aftermarket ss hood? I know there is more of you guys out there, lets here what you got, if you recommend it or not.

Thanks to the ONE GUY THAT HAS POSTED!!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket lt1 ss hood, which one should i buy?