Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Who's interested in Leather door panels and dashboards?
Yes
90.48%
No
9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Leather Door Panels and dashboards

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010 | 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default POLL: Leather Door Panels and dashboards

Who would be interested in real leather door panels and covering their dash boards in leather? I'm talking a vendor on this board into it. If he has the interest, then we can get things moving.
Old 03-23-2010 | 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

would they look like the stock ta door panels but in leather or new design?
Old 03-23-2010 | 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
would they look like the stock ta door panels but in leather or new design?
I would guess a direct replacement would be the best choice for the majority.
Old 03-23-2010 | 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLOODTA
I would guess a direct replacement would be the best choice for the majority.
Pretty much we'd need to see pics and have a price to tell you how interested since the item is 100% aesthetics.

Also, would need info on if the leather would sun-fade and if the door panels will be susceptible to same cracks as stockers.
Old 03-23-2010 | 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I'll just tell you who the vendor is, as we have people on the board who have bought from them before and would be better at describing the quality of their work. It's RedlineGoods.com, they sell shift boots, e-brake boots and armrest covers.

There are 4 seperate pieces that I was thinking about. The red piece (photoshopped red to differentiate) is either cloth or leather depending on the options of the car. The biege piece is an abs plastic piece, that I'm sure people would like to have covered. Also, possibly the armrest thingy in black as well as the lower black abs piece would all look nice covered in legit leather.
Old 03-23-2010 | 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do this type of work on my own so I just have a few suggestions for ya or its gonna be hard to get people to shell out the $$$ . Since all leather is definately not created equal , you should have answers if its UV rated , its abrasion durability , grain pattern and finish ( leather finishes vary from shiney to satin to matte ) color match ...as theres 3 fairly different charcoals from 93-96 graphite , 97-99 medium gray and 00-02 ebony . And for the door panels theres a 2 different beige's ( Camel 93-95 and neutral 96-02) , and 1 light grey from 93-95. What type of contact adhesive will be used <-- that one is very important as theres really only a couple really suited for that type of job that you can 100% garantee wont have adhesion issues down the road . How will the passenger airbag flap be handled , theres little room in the crevice between the flap and the main dash to fold the leather into , especially when your folding leather from the dash surface and the flap surface . Is your guy capable of flawlessly pulling that portion off .

Just a few things to think about man .

**edit , just saw you posted your using redline while I was typing my post . Given they do know what their doing , most of my post is moot
Old 03-23-2010 | 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah redlines leather quality is definitely good ****. Im gonna vote yes, but more because of the dash than the panels. Taking into consideration what lt4 said (and im sure others may bring up) are the little problems around that area. Since redline is more than capable of sizing everything (getting the stiching to match any dash lines, etc) i think the install process would be the only worry.

Id love for them to take this off my hands. Even if it does take a fortnight to get here from our friends on the eastern front.
Old 03-23-2010 | 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've been wanting to redo my interior with leather/vinyl wrapping next year but wasn't sure if I could do it myself or not. I don't trust myself enough... if there was this option, depending on price, I might go the pre-made route instead.
Old 03-24-2010 | 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've gotten all my panels wrapped from the rear hatch monsoon panels plum to the door panels including headliner, all of em had foam added so it's soft haha, I'd say do it, it really helps the look and feel of the car to not have cheap plastic interior.
Old 06-21-2010 | 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

So any update to this? I would be interested in the door panels..depending on price.
Old 06-23-2010 | 04:52 AM

I'd also be interested...

Quick Reply: POLL: Leather Door Panels and dashboards