Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Car Storage Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Storage Problem

Well winter is around the corner and I will be storing the TA. Unfortunately I do not have a garage so its going to be kept outside under a good car cover. My big problem is that it will have to sit on grass for the months that its put away. I was told all the water in the ground will cause havok on the underside of my car since it snows so much around here. Is this true? If so, what can I put on the ground to stop anything bad from occuring?
Old 10-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Car Storage Problem

If you really love your car spend the extra $ and find a place to store it inside and out of the weather.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:41 PM
Teching In

I'm a college student who can't afford indoor storage. I've already tried asking family and friends near by but no luck.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would park the four tires onto thick rubber mats so that the tires are not sitting directly on the moist grass. Better yet four concrete pads like what airconditioners are set on and then the rubber mats. The moisture under the car will be about the same whether it is on a hard surface or not.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:14 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You can always get a set of winter rims with Blizzak tires from TireRack and drive it in the winter. This is what I do, since I have only one car and need to drive an hour each way to and from work.

As for storing your car, there is a product called "Car Mat" or something like that. Its meant for garage floors, but could probably be used outside too. There is always an ad for it in the back of either Car and Driver, Road and Track, or MotorTrend. There may also be an ad in HotRod or CarCraft.

--VIP

Quick Reply: Car Storage Problem