Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with MCAD also showed that it affected my Zaino finish. I thought it stripped it and called Sal. He told me that it leaves a film on top of the Zaino that makes it appear that it has been removed.

It's never going to be used again on my car.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

I bought this device after hearing mostly good reviews here about it. I followed the directions to the letter, and even tried it twice before giving up on it. I felt it failed to deliver well on any of it's claims.

When I first turned the thing on I noticed it restricted my water pressure on the rinse setting.

On the soap setting, like others have said, there were hardly any suds at all.

Then on the auto dry setting, the water pressure trickled down to almost nothing! I thought at first I had a defective unit, but after watching the vids I could see they all do this...

I've got a good double coat of mothers wax on my car and all the water beaded, nothing sheeted off, and I was left with a ton of spots.

The second washing a week later was no better, and I had drained the "3 use" soap bottle (which came in the "starter kit") in less than two washings... if I wanted to continue using this thing I would have had to go buy more soap for it.

I just took it back for a refund. Not impressed at all, the bucket method uses less soap, you have the option of using warm water in a bucket where don't with MCAD, the water pressure is restrictive to the point of frustration, and the auto drying process leaves spots!

just my two cents however, hope you all have better luck than I did

Last edited by 00Pontiac; 07-14-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love it. However it does not work well with thick coats of wax. After applying 3 coats of wax for a car sow it started to beed and wouldn't air dry w/o spotting, however there are less towel streaks if you towel dry after applying the auto dry. I don't use it for the soap, just the autodry. Works great overall i think.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one thing that will also affect whether or not you get spotting is the amount of dust/pollen in the air.....if you leave water on the car in a dusty/pollen-filled environment, it will stick to the water and the water will make it stick to the car like mud

i personally have not tried the product, so i cannot attest to how well it works, but i don't really have the patience to just let it sit there and dry anyway....i usually take my car to one of those coin-op self spray wash car wash bays, then after washing, i use my chamois to dry it.....no spotting!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:54 PM
SSU Moderator

I just washed my wife's car with this stuff this weekend, and I can say it works the way it says it does, if you rinse away the standard rinse water, you will not have any spots...not even on the chrome. It did use a little more than 1/2 the bottle of soap however (that sucks) and you have to replace the filter about every 3 washes (so it says). To me, this product is not for you hard core Zaino, NXT, whatever guys that don't touch the paint or whatever...its for normal people who don't wash their cars twice a week and don't wax that often, etc. JMO.

rj
Old 07-15-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanJ
I just washed my wife's car with this stuff this weekend, and I can say it works the way it says it does, if you rinse away the standard rinse water, you will not have any spots...not even on the chrome. It did use a little more than 1/2 the bottle of soap however (that sucks) and you have to replace the filter about every 3 washes (so it says). To me, this product is not for you hard core Zaino, NXT, whatever guys that don't touch the paint or whatever...its for normal people who don't wash their cars twice a week and don't wax that often, etc. JMO.

rj

The starter filter is 3 washes, the replacements are 10. I usually get 15 or more out of them I don't use the soap though, I still hand wash with meguires.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

The starter filter is 3 washes, the replacements are 10. I usually get 15 or more out of them I don't use the soap though, I still hand wash with meguires
Same here, although I think its about time to replace mine.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash