Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Am I the Only One...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look, the guys that say it looks just as good probably don't want to spend the money on a new hood. To me, it's the same as trying to compare 18x11 deep dish rims to 16x8 stockers or an SS rear spoiler to the stock one. I'm sure that someone who's not even into cars can tell you which looks better. In the pic you posted from an angle, it looks ok, but looking head on or from the side, it just looks so plain.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Revcore66
Look, the guys that say it looks just as good probably don't want to spend the money on a new hood. To me, it's the same as trying to compare 18x11 deep dish rims to 16x8 stockers or an SS rear spoiler to the stock one. I'm sure that someone who's not even into cars can tell you which looks better. In the pic you posted from an angle, it looks ok, but looking head on or from the side, it just looks so plain.
Someone who's not into cars probably will think any 4 banger with a fart can on it is fast too

His stock hood does have a really clean look to it. I dont think he has a hard time pulling it off at all, and for all the money/paint hassel might as well put into something else if he's got a good thing going right?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by West Texas Blues
dude your car looks great, i think the thing about your car is the color allows the eye to see the "valleys" that run from the headlights to the windshield, and the slight crease in the middle, and those lines draw the viewer's eye over the hood, making it more interesting. notice on other stock hoods, like the pic camaro_94 posted, the hood looks like a big, boring, flat sheet of red (no offense dude), one glance and theres nothing more to see...
None taken... Because that Z28 isnt my car. It was just one I found on the interwebs.. However, the SS is mine though.

I just found 2 red cars and compared them.. To make it fair.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:04 AM
TECH Resident

OP i have a picture of your car saved on my comp because of how much i like it.

stock hoods clean, but i wish i could get a stock ls1 hood with the stock lt1 hood vents.. i think it would look cool
Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
DUDE! You're car would look bad *** with an SS hood!

Just messing.. But I like the looks of the SS hood more. I think it makes the Camaro look more mean, while the Z28 hood looks sleek..

SS

Z28

I just think the SS hood makes it look more aggressive.
Yeah, see, on this red car, there is a HUGE difference...

Originally Posted by Latch
Nope, you're not the only one. Yes the SS and Sunoco hoods look nice, but the regular sleek hood looks just as good to me. If you've got a stock Z28 and want to make the front look more aggressive, change out the ugly factory grille; IMO that's what really wakes up the front of these cars.
Agreed. I believe this is one portion to the equation.

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
im with ya man! depending on the car it looks good.. with our ground efx i think they look good.. without them it just looks boring

but i do like the sunoco hood a little more so im gettin one this summer!
I also now agree... without the gfx I can see the hood being more bland, while with the gfx and a hood it would be too busy.

Originally Posted by West Texas Blues
dude your car looks great, i think the thing about your car is the color allows the eye to see the "valleys" that run from the headlights to the windshield, and the slight crease in the middle, and those lines draw the viewer's eye over the hood, making it more interesting. notice on other stock hoods, like the pic camaro_94 posted, the hood looks like a big, boring, flat sheet of red (no offense dude), one glance and theres nothing more to see...
Also totally agree now, which is why I noticed that on red Z28s stock hoods looked weird, yet on mine, on most angles, you can see the "valleys" easily.

Originally Posted by -98-Z28-Darkness-
plain hood looks nice especially just polished its just looked like one big mirror!
but yeah I'm just saying thing because i don't have the cash to spend on a sunoco hood right now!
also hate how people think my car is a v6 or less powerfully because my car is not a ss.
Yeah, I mean if I do get a hood, for my cay, a Sunoco would def be it.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep pretty much agree with most people here. It really depends on the car as a whole, the color, gfx or not, all that stuff...

I'm not big on the SS hood because, well, it is overplayed. Everybody and his brother has the SS hood on their V6 (heck doesn't belong on that), Z28, and SS (well duh on the last one ).

I was probably going to stick with my stock hood, but between a wavy part in the middle from the previous owner rolling a deer's head on it and then me having a little mishap this past winter, I've got something else going on it later this year....
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

I don't have a SS hood because I have a Z28

I like the SS Hood on a SS though.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

To the OP: Its a complement of everything, it all adds to the over all appearance of the car, like the body kit and c6 wheels in your car. But lets face it, stock hoods are just plain stock hoods and nothing more to them.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i love my hood.

now my rims are a diff story
Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to do the LS1 front end conversion, light colors can definitely rock the stock hood, and thats what I wanted to do.

It looks so much more clean and sleek.

Love your car color man, its amazing!
The RS package is great too!
Nice to see something different!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Revcore66
"looks better" is COMPLETELY a matter of opinion, someone who's "not even into cars" might think a stock hood looks rockin...like CranMaro99's
Old 05-07-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im keeping my stock hood.i love the Ss hood and Sunoco but will not look right on my car whith size of wheels im running. also car has to be slammed to get that look with a cowl imo.