Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My custom trans am spoiler, the way gm should have made them

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

That does look alot cleaner and if able to change bulbs if they go out is the way to go.for now I just painted area around lights and top to help blend.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never painted this spoiler because I never planned to put it on my car. I forgot all about this thread until it got brought back up and I got a pm about buying it. It's just been hanging on the wall in my garage. Since I got a pm about it you may soon see it painted and installed soon.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
I never painted this spoiler because I never planned to put it on my car. I forgot all about this thread until it got brought back up and I got a pm about buying it. It's just been hanging on the wall in my garage. Since I got a pm about it you may soon see it painted and installed soon.
Did you ever end up selling it? I thought I remembered seeing this on cl a while back. I'd be interested in seeing how you shaved everything bc the spoiler that I have had one of the edges chipped off. I was thinking about doing the same thing to mine. Thanks for the reply!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlvrSS02
Did you ever end up selling it? I thought I remembered seeing this on cl a while back. I'd be interested in seeing how you shaved everything bc the spoiler that I have had one of the edges chipped off. I was thinking about doing the same thing to mine. Thanks for the reply!!!
No I've still got it hanging in my garage. If your interested in it I'd take $300 for it
Old 03-15-2014, 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

so where is a how to for us that dont wanna buy one?
Old 03-15-2014, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
so where is a how to for us that dont wanna buy one?
I can't find the pics of when I did the work but all I did was sand the paint off all around the edges were the seam is. Then took a sanding block with 80 grit and sanded the upper edge that that sticks out down flush with the lower half. Then I v'ed out the seam and smoothed it out with evercoat smc filler. As for the third brake light I took a section off smc off a busted hood and bonded it in the hole with the brake light under it so it would still come in and out. Smoothed it all out, primed it and that's how it sits.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

This is absolutely perfect.

I WOULD ask for the how to pics but my dad already knows how so I'm gonna do this myself with his help.

Either way this is a fantastic product and idea. It's exactly what the T/A spoiler needs. Although I will say pulling it back an inch or so would definitely help even out the rear.

Great idea nonetheless!

Quick Reply: My custom trans am spoiler, the way gm should have made them