Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it works great. I just switched to it from Zymol and Liquid Glass (whatever I have my hands on at the time) and it was noticeably smoother and shinier after just one application. It comes off super easy and doesn't leave "dust" behind like the previous products I used did. I clay bar'd it before (ended up not really needing it) and it looks fantastic. If it wasn't raining here I'd pull it out of the garage and snap a few pics.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I think I'll be waxing the car this weekend if it warms up a bit.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Launching!

I have used it for a long time and it is a great product. As others have said, it takes a long time to take off, but I know I apply too much.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ive used it on 2 F bodies. It sucks having a white car, so hard to find good wax =(

need to come out with a white box
Old 05-16-2010, 05:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait a second what kind of Zymol does everyon use? If its the cheap stuff it works like crap. If its the good stuff it works amazing. The off the shelf Zymol is way too watery and it looks real bad on dark cars. Atleast from my experiance.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

i use it on my red car, my paint is **** though so it is a little tough to get off, i need to clay bar bad
Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another good, and avalible alternative is Meg's #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax which is under their Professional line fo liquid waxes. I Went over my Father in law's 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Night Runner with Black Pearl Met. Paint and looks insane. Came off very easy too.

I will be bouncing back and forth with both as I am already half way through my can of NXT (did about 5 different cars, and the T/A twice).

Always follow up after some curing with Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax to given you that water shedding ability.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Launching!

great stuff man just wax then wipe do the whole car wait about 20 min then wipe again with a nice clean icro fiber and it comes right off never had any problems with it sticking or being difficult to wipe off IMO
Old 05-19-2010, 02:37 AM
TECH Resident

also use it myself, and i like it. wasn't really too hard to get off, nothing for me to bitch about.. but i did use relatively thin coats. im sure there is better, but this does just fine for my DD
Old 05-19-2010, 03:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
If its hard to remove, you people are applying it waaay to thick. you only need enough for a full coverage, no need to cake it on, you end up wiping it all off anyways
I agree and disagree with this... I have used other waxes before this one and had no issues removing them, then I got this stuff and it was a pain in the *** to get off. So now I use a lot less but more coats and it works great. Other waxes Ive used a whole lot more and been fine with it. idk
Old 05-19-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Removing wax? how little i know... why and how?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your buddy has a black 89 XR7? cool. I knew a guy who ordered a black with maroon interior 5 speed brand new while stationed in Japan and picked it up in st louis, drove it around for a month or so and put it on a boat for germany where he was going to be stationed next.

here is his from ~ 2002. He sold it a few years back though when he moved to the phillipines.

<---- former 93 SC owner.

As for the wax, i used it for years and went cheap the last time i bought wax so i could also pick up some meguiers swirl X (i think the wax i got is mothers) I'm probably going to be switching back to the nxt once the bottle runs out, if not sooner.

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 05-19-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blk2kSS
I agree and disagree with this... I have used other waxes before this one and had no issues removing them, then I got this stuff and it was a pain in the *** to get off. So now I use a lot less but more coats and it works great. Other waxes Ive used a whole lot more and been fine with it. idk
It's harder to take off than a carnuba wax, but not nearly as hard as some of the sealants like Zaino.

I think some here are comparing it to Zaino, while others comparing it to regular waxes. Coming from Zaino, NXT seems pretty easy to remove to me.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Internet Mechanic

Like said #26 Meguiars Which is their Hi-Tech Yellow which is a Syn Blend of Carnuba and other goodies is easier to come off then NXT. I guess when I was really making a "Go" at this that with working with a harder product, made other products seem easy.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sucks on my black ws6. Leaves streaks all over it and are almost impossible to get off unless you strip the wax. Ill stick to Zaino or Pinnacle.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

go pinnacle wax its the best with a hefty price tag..
Old 05-21-2010, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

I love this wax on my black car has one of the best shines out of anything I have ever used.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
your buddy has a black 89 XR7? cool. I knew a guy who ordered a black with maroon interior 5 speed brand new while stationed in Japan and picked it up in st louis, drove it around for a month or so and put it on a boat for germany where he was going to be stationed next.

here is his from ~ 2002. He sold it a few years back though when he moved to the phillipines.

<---- former 93 SC owner.

As for the wax, i used it for years and went cheap the last time i bought wax so i could also pick up some meguiers swirl X (i think the wax i got is mothers) I'm probably going to be switching back to the nxt once the bottle runs out, if not sooner.
Ya he bought it off the original owner who didn't take care of the car (5 spd as well). Had rust at the bottom of the doors etc. He restored the entire body, painted it and rebuilt the engine. Last summer he got it chipped and got a custom exhaust made. The car looks like its new, its awesome. After he did all that work to it, the original owner came by to see the car and he tried to buy it back and my buddy told him to **** off haha.

I still haven't tried the wax guys...been busy.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the following with great results:
Mequiars NXT 2.0
And the below in between waxes and washes.
Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax
Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer

All three have Hydrophobic Polymer Technology, my paint is soooo smooth, the detailer spray also beads water as well, using the quik products you don't have to wax as much, i always use some meguiars clay bar before I use the NXT 2.0 as well.

I don't know about you guys, but I love Meguiars products, I used to use mothers detail spray, but this ultimate quik detailer is amazing.

Last edited by mischief; 05-23-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sof86
What do you guys think about Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0? My buddy just tried it on his black 89' XR-7 and it looks pretty damn nice. I wanna try it out on my red 95' z28. Anyone have anything bad to say about this wax?

Thanks.
I use it on my 98, black, TA. I switched from the gold class, and I did notice a slight increase in gloss/richness. What I really noticed from the two, was how much better water shot off my car (perfect beads). I love the stuff, and like most people in this thread, I've never had a problem taking it off. Terry cloth to get all of it off, then microfiber cloth over the car again to get the wax dust off.
Also, never hurts to claybar your car once a year or so. Your paint may look great, but it'll surprise you how much you can get off.

Quick Reply: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0