Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I want a different spoiler for me 2002 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
That camaro with the Z29R spoiler is gorgeous I love that spoiler but again not tryin to steal the spotlight from the OP but if the Z29R spoiler is so rare, couldn't you take a regular SS spoiler and just cut off the legs and smooth it back out the prime and paint it and if done right it look like the Z29R?
the guys in the in the pics i posted did that some how.. i dont see how its not possible as long as ya got yourself a good fabricator
Old 05-16-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
couldn't you take a regular SS spoiler and just cut off the legs and smooth it back out the prime and paint it and if done right it look like the Z29R?
thats what i've been planning to do for months now. i was going to be doing it in a few weeks once i get another camaro, and hadn't seen anyone do it.

honestly, now that i've seen it, i think i'll leave the posts. it doesn't look bad, i just think it looks better with the posts now that i've seen it without.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
thats what i've been planning to do for months now. i was going to be doing it in a few weeks once i get another camaro, and hadn't seen anyone do it.

honestly, now that i've seen it, i think i'll leave the posts. it doesn't look bad, i just think it looks better with the posts now that i've seen it without.
i think the posts make it look more aggressive imo and without it just looks more slick... personally id leave it how it is but it definitely looks unique
Old 05-17-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^its definitely a cleaner look without the posts, which is the reason i've been wanting to do it. i think the main reason i like it with the posts a little better, is that they lead your eyes to the top/center area of the spoiler, which makes you notice the flared section more.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get where y'all coming from cause i've thought about gettin a SS spoiler and put it on but I wanted to do and have something diff than anyone around here cause I've never seen that Z29R spoiler in person... just pics
Old 05-17-2010, 01:45 AM
TECH Regular

This car just looks BadAss! If I didn't have my SS and I had a Z I would go this route.

Originally Posted by FamousZ
I have the second one and I really like how it looks.. I also have a SS hood and I think the spoiler looks really good with the overall car..

Old 05-17-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
^its definitely a cleaner look without the posts, which is the reason i've been wanting to do it. i think the main reason i like it with the posts a little better, is that they lead your eyes to the top/center area of the spoiler, which makes you notice the flared section more.
exactly! it kinda gives a little more for your eyes to look at while not being too much.. and your right on the posts directing your attention to the flared part of it.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

more pics added in original post
Old 05-18-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS#502
This car just looks BadAss! If I didn't have my SS and I had a Z I would go this route.
That does look badass! Do you guys think it would look good on LPM?

Quick Reply: I want a different spoiler for me 2002 Z28